Dimensions, which one?

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel

Dimensions, which one?

Postby NOVA » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:12 am

If there were such a thing as dimensions, which one would you consider you were in, in the phase?
Just curious.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Dimensions, which one?

Postby Summerlander » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 pm

It is a tricky question. I guess I'd want to think that the phase takes place in a transcendent plane of existence, maybe the 5th dimension, like that adorable alien in Men in Black 3. Because he was a 5th dimensional being, he could see the most probable futures because his perception transcended time. O0

Have you seen that film? What was his name?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby NOVA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:46 am

I have the movie but only seen snippets of it. I will watch now that you have given me that info.
What you say about transcending time sounds plausible. :D
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 am

If you like that you might want to read about string theory. It is an interesting concept. I also like the many-worlds interpretation in quantum theory. If it is true, as many physicists seem to think, then the new quantum computers that will be released in the near future could be functioning whilst taking into consideration alternate copies of themselves in other universes before a particular state is selected by their decoherence mechanism.

When it comes to the phase I think the story is different though. Although the brain is also an object that occupies the quantum realm, it appears that the mechanisms associated with REM sleep and consciousness follow classical laws - the latter showing a correlation between its intensity and integrated information (where memory plays a role). So the phase cannot be a quantum phenomenon as experts would argue that states would decohere too quickly particularly where consciousness is concerned.

A quick reminder here, then, of what we can be sure about the phase...

The phase is a state of mind which compounds both REM sleep and consciousness. During this hybrid stage, all manner of experiences are possible while one feels awake and self-aware. It is in the phase state that people encounter out-of-body experiences, lucid dreaming, numinous experiences often interpreted as "astral projections", alien abductions, so-called afterlife glimpses, false awakenings, sleep paralysis hallucinations etc. People have many interpretations for what they experience during paradoxical sleep. Meanwhile, the state is the same when the mind is awake and the body asleep.

In the end, your mind could be the only real source of what feels real which is brought to the fore in the multidimensionality of qualia space.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Return to General Discussions