from the past

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel

from the past

Postby emmanual » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm

hi,
just to share an old event happened more than twenty years old.i was walking in the road when i saw my classmate coming towards me my direction.without thinking at all i turned my head behind to see him really coming with the same clothes i saw him before.as if someone can see what is in front of him and behind.
emmanual

Re: from the past

Postby Summerlander » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:05 am

Is this akin to that intuitive feeling we get that we're being observed before subsequently confirming it to be true?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby emmanual » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 am

hi,
and thanks for your reply summerland.by the way the name summerland s picture of your phase resembles to an old dream which consists of the mountain and a rainbow in the left side of the mountain .returning to your reply question,if i have understood well your words i say there no akin here at all.i dont know to explain it well.you are in the street walking in a direction.you see a person like you see your computer now, the same distance ,the same colours not like the image of a phantom.you turn your head to see that person is coming in the same direction but from behind.i waited him and we walked together.but i have never told him what happened.the question is how did i knew that he was coming from behind not coming from in front of my eyes.
emmanual

Postby Summerlander » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

That is a tough cookie without knowing exactly what you experienced but I can speculate here to give you some perspective.

We can take into account that you probably heard his footsteps, approaching, even if you weren't consciously focusing on the sensory input available. Then, your mind could have concocted a good guess on who was behind you and might have even hallucinatorily projected this as though it were in front of you. The fact that you got the clothes right could have been a remarkable coincidence.

Then we must also take into account that memories are not something that we store in the brain as though they are files that remain intact. Memories can change and become false. Visually perceiving the real thing coming towards you could have biased your memory of the hallucination that you first experienced and thus making it seem precognitive in detail.

Another possibility which has not been concretely proved is that your brains briefly became electromagnetically entangled (is there a power station of some sort nearby?) and his awareness of the clothes he was wearing was passed on to you. This would be an example of Persinger's 'telepathy' as he extrapolated it under certain conditions by showing a light to one individual to find that the other's brain patterns change as though he saw the light too. This is reported to only occur when both subjects are present in the same magnetic field and connected to the same computer that will give them the same stimulation.

This could be viable in the making of future mind technologies such as a Mindnet or a mental matrix of some sort. It would be another way of putting phase states to good use, too, unless, of course, Persinger's findings prove fruitless. Whether what happened to you was a one-way form of extra-sensory perception I don't know. We all live within a geomagnetic field that constantly changes and science does not yet have all the answers. And if it does happen according to the last possibility, how often does it occur naturally and is it enough that we can use it?

Time will tell.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby emmanual » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm

hi,
thanks for reply. i can add that it wasnt a hallucination but a walking image as you see any one walking in the street.in addition to that it was the distance of about more than 300 metre and no power station in the nearby.the big question marks which rises is the intuition that this person is behind and not in front of.
as you said,i think time will say more than our words.
emmanual

Postby Summerlander » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

I will point out that hallucinations can feel as real as real events. It doesn't matter if an object is perceived in great realism and at a perceived distance in space. It can still be hallucinated. The reason why we can fail to distinguish between the objective world and hallucinations is that all perception is subjective. It all happens in the brain. Take a look at this illusion by following its instructions and see how the brain can be duped to the point of distorting your reality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7obL6NUJ9w
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Return to General Discussions