Re: Warning about spiritual forums

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel

Warning about spiritual forums

Postby 12padams » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:50 am

Hey everyone :)

I thought I should give you all a little warning in case you ever decide to sign up to spiritualforums.com. Basically that site has an astral projection (phase) forum which is at the time of posting more active than our obe4u.com forum. Due to that reason I decided to sign up to it in April 2012 so I could further discus the phase (I used the term astral projection while there) with a larger variety of people.

Anyway the forum discussions you have there will be much more spiritual in nature as the astral projection theory treats the phase as if it were a real place with dangerous entities. The people there are quite strong about their beliefs and don't like to be told other theory's such as ours. I took that as a chance to simply discus the astral projection theory and relate my own experiences to it. Overall if that theory is true most of my "projections" (phase experiences) have been to the real time zone which is a dark replica of the physical world often inhabited by fearful creatures such as the one I encountered in my early phase experiences.

Anyway while there I was kind, caring and open to everyone's beliefs (except for in April when I first signed up). Users there liked me and overall it was a good community. Unfortunately however it wasn't perfect due to two major reasons:

1. The Thoughtless Moderators
2. The Selectivly Applied Limiting Rules

So basically if you ever visit that site make sure you never mention obe4u.com. If you do you get banned!

I got banned in the most stupid and heartless way possible. Basically I made the following post in the lounge area of the forum to say goodbye to the members there:

"Topic Title: Goodbye 12padams

I have loved being here on this forum with you guys just like countless other forums I've been on. I've just been hired for a full time position at the childcare centre I currently work at so I won't have as much time for forum activity anymore. Due to this reason I must limit all my future activity to a single forum which I now must choose.

I have nothing against this fantastic forum and the only reason I have chosen the forum at obe4u.com rather than this one is because I am a global moderator there. I will never forget this great community of friendly and intelligent people. Hopefully it will continue to expand and help many others like it helped me.

I wish all members here the best of luck in your spiritual hobbies and hope you all live long happy lives.

Goodbye everyone :)"

Yep... I got banned for that post just because I mentioned obe4u.com! Really... That's what I call ridiculous! Hopefully the cruel and heartless moderators there will learn to be considerate in future and not ban a person for simply mentioning another website. They labelled that post an "advertisement for obe4u.com" and deleted it a day after I posted it. There were some people who said goodbye to me in that post but not many could because it just had to be deleted due to how harmful it was to their community... Seriously that was a goodbye! I wasn't going to post there ever again but they had to ban me anyway?

It's not just me by the way. Hundreds of people have been inappropriately banned from that forum over the years. Anyway sign up and discus astral projection if you wish there but be aware of the moderators who ban without thinking. It's a good community but the moderators unfortunately need to improve their ways. Just be cautious if you ever go there :)

On this forum you will not get banned for linking to other websites, videos or discussing theories that differ to Micheals. Here we embrace all members and will never ban a single human! Well, we ban spambots but those aren't exactly humans anyway so we still stick by our word :)
Last edited by 12padams on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: viewtopic.php?t=2
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheOnerous » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:57 am

SCIENCE
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Postby TheOnerous » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Seriously though, poor moderation is probably one of my main complaints about the internet. It's actually quite a big responsibility and many - sadly very many - fall into the trap of banning people for having views different from their own. I think in your post the courteous response (assuming that posting this site's URL is advertising) would have been to delete the URL. That's all. Easy to do. No need for a heavy handed approach. I suspect somebody had another agenda.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Postby 12padams » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Seriously though, poor moderation is probably one of my main complaints about the internet.

Well at least you won't get any of that here ;)

I think in your post the courteous response (assuming that posting this site's URL is advertising) would have been to delete the URL.

Exactly... I mean it was just an explaination of where I had gone to... Don't people have a right to know lol?

Insert Quote
SCIENCE

Out of interest why did you dedicate your first post in this thread to that word? It's kind of random lol :)
Last edited by 12padams on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Barnacle » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 pm

If you get banned from a forum, all you have to do is register a new account. I think you take the internet a bit too seriously. I think a lot of people on that forum mistakenly believe that their lucid dreams are actually astral projections. The brain/mind is very tricky, it will feed into your beliefs and give you experiences that appear to validate them. You need to lay bait for the brain and back engineer its mechanisms. A lot of people who call themselves psychics on that forum, I've concluded are either deluded or lying. However, someone who I had concluded was full of shit because she was repeatedly getting things wrong and fabricating stories based on information I had given her, was able to remote view into my room and was able to pickup the mental images I was thinking about. The probability of it being a coincidence are so extremely low that it would be irrational and insane to assume it was mere coincidence. She said she could see what looked like a metal horse with 2 legs and wires coming out of it. I had the case off my computer so it matched the description she gave 100%. After that I tested her and asked her what I was thinking. I was picturing irrigating a desert with pipes and sprinklers and the first 2 things she said were "mud" and "hydroponics". I have an extremely unbiased view when it comes to things like this because I don't believe anything and at the same time don't disbelieve anything. I know that I don't know shit about the mechanisms of this reality thing.

As for astral projection, I have not yet experienced anything that backs up the theory that it exists. Every time I thought I might have left my body, I proved that it was just a lucid dream.
Last edited by Barnacle on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnacle

Postby 12padams » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:57 pm

If you get banned from a forum, all you have to do is register a new account. I think you take the internet a bit too seriously.

Interesting you say that... I did and guess what... I got banned again. Seriously I signed up, waited an hour or so before using it and when I logged in it said I had been banned and the reason was "None". Yes it actually had the word "none" there as the reason for my new account I named "Merger" being banned. I bet they scan new account ip addresses and compare them with recently banned people. I've given up with that forum and won't ever recommend it to anyone now.

Also its the reason that I am banned that upsets me... Not the fact that I actually got banned. I also had about 100 private messages there with specific members that have great importance to me. Now they are all gone and unable to be accessed... That's what's really made me mad!

A lot of people who call themselves psychics on that forum, I've concluded are either deluded or lying.

True but I've had my share of "coincidences" and Tony (not forum name) is the culprit. If it wasn't for him and what he has shown me I would be fully willing to say that the phase is completely in the mind and that psychics are all delusional or scammers. I've had a UFO encounter and experienced a physical haunting as well as a bunch of non-phase related telepathy. I wish I could exit the confusion and choose a belief system but I have experienced too much from both sides to simply pick one. If Tony's right however and everything goes to plan I'll be able to pick my belief system in just under 2 weeks from now... If not I'll be once again stuck in limbo :(

As for astral projection, I have not yet experienced anything that backs up the theory that it exists. Every time I thought I might have left my body, I proved that it was just a lucid dream.

Here we believe that obes, lucid dreaming and astral projection are all the same things. I was actually quite shocked to find out that many at Spiritualforums.com believe the exact same thing too.

However, was clearly not psychic as everything she said was incorrect, was able to remote view into my room and was able to pickup the mental images I was thinking about.

Would she be offended if you wanted to really put her to the test under controlled conditions?

12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Summerlander » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:28 pm

If they ban the IP address you'll need another computer to open a new account.  But I wouldn't bother with that site.  It has a hidden agenda.  A lot of these "psychic" members are in cahoots with the administration.  Some are even there with the sole purpose of embellishing the site and keeping members interested.  The same kinda thing is going on at Astral Dynamics.  Spiritual Forums accuse people of having ulterior motives at the mention of other existent sites because they assume it's a popularity contest.  They are certainly the reverse of what we stand for here: truth and compelling evidence above enticing unfounded bogus.  It's a circus with scary clowns. ;D
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby White Mist » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm

You know, to be honest, every since I got the scientific side of me back (Thanks to SOBT) and took a step back and looked at the discussions of chakras, astral planes (what I too was interested iin and believed) when you believe something else they tend to react like how a religious person would.

Anyone else notice that? After seeing that kind of behavior I thought to myself, "That's how I was"
White Mist

Postby 12padams » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

If they ban the IP address you'll need another computer to open a new account.  But I wouldn't bother with that site.

I'm not going to bother... I don't wanna be at that place anymore because as I mentioned I wanna keep all my forum activity to one website.

A lot of these "psychic" members are in cahoots with the administration.

How do you know this?

After seeing that kind of behavior I thought to myself, "That's how I was"

Their discussions seem quite crazy after viewing this site don't they? Still back in 2009 when I first got into this I was not at all exposed to the scientific theory or the idea that astral projection could just be a conscious dream. Mainly because I was told that you fail astral projection if you fall asleep. I never knew how wrong I was back then... But hey I had never experienced it at that point so I couldnt know better. Now that I can generally have an experience when I want to and plan and perform experiments within that state I am able to much better determine what's actually happening through practical experience.

12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Barnacle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:06 pm

If you restart your router, you get a new IP address. Go here:
http://ipchicken.com/
then restart your router and hit the refresh button. New IP. IP banning doesn't work. Even if they banned your whole ISP, you could just go through a proxy. Go here:
http://hidemyass.com/
and enter that ipchicken URL, the IP that comes up isn't your own IP, its the ipchicken servers IP. Theres a firefox plugin called foxyproxy that lets you browse the internet through proxy servers.
A far more effective way to do it is to install the tor browser bundle. Not only does it mask your IP, it encrypts all your data which is a must if you're a paranoid bastard like me.
Last edited by Barnacle on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnacle

Postby Barnacle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

12padams wrote:I've had a UFO encounter and experienced a physical haunting as well as a bunch of non-phase related telepathy. I wish I could exit the confusion and choose a belief system but I have experienced too much from both sides to simply pick one. If Tony's right however and everything goes to plan I'll be able to pick my belief system in just under 2 weeks from now... If not I'll be once again stuck in limbo :(

I've seen unexplainable lights in the sky and experienced non phase related telepathy too. The lights were when I was in the middle of nowhere in Canada with 2 friends, we were lying in a field drinking and staring up at the sky. It was real cloudy and you could only see 4 starts in the sky. After an hour or so, all 4 stars flew away in the same direction. They weren't stars, helicopters, planes or satellites so I have no idea what they were. Maybe military aircrafts conducting some kind of operation but what would they be doing over the sea in an isolated part of Prince Edward Island in Canada? I've had loads of these mild telepathic experiences but the one that sticks out most was I was talking about sleep paralysis to someone via PMs on a forum and I could hear a voice in the background of my mind saying "in a different room" in a kind of emphatic tone like they were telling me a story and emphasizing that part of it. I checked my PMs and the guy told me a story of how he was in sleep paralysis and could see things that were going on in a different room.  I hear these background voices regularly and I know for a fact that some of it is just my own brain echoing things I'd heard during the day or subconscious chatter so I rarely pay attention to it, its only every now and again that these coincidences happen with it.
Barnacle

Postby MichaelWalker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I myself have come across individuals that limit and confine themselves whenever the word "spiritual" enters the equation. I believe that spirituality is something special that allows us to experience more than just this physical world, but with most religions and spirituality people tend to turn them into an extension of their own ego. When you question their beliefs they tend to feel it is an attack on them, and instantly "turn off", not allowing for any type of spiritual growth.
There is truth in all things, and there is deception in all things. Nothing in this world is perfect, but by being humble we allow our selves to grow, and open up the opportunity to see the objective truth. I am new here, but I really appreciate the manner in which you approached this subject 12padams, and your work on this forum.
MichaelWalker

Postby Summerlander » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm

I don't deny spiritual experiences as they are part of the human condition and are available in the phase as well as meditative states. But what I don't concur with is the wild dogmatic claims about the nature of such experiences. It's a facet of human experience, that's all, and the irony is that one does not need to believe in anything in particular to achieve it. Religion tends to hijack such naturally inherent facet in us and use it to dishonestly gain credence.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Return to General Discussions