Summerlander, I think you have a crystal ball somewhere
I took a break as announced and went to take a 7 day-holiday in Egypt et voila.......On the second day or so I went to take a nap after having lunch and was in a constant light sleep state for about 3-4 hours fading in and out of sleep. My intention must have been strong since I suddenly stood next to my bed (it was night time). First I was confused because I did not remember waking up or getting out of bed nor that my wife was in bed on my side of the bed sleeping. The experience was not completely vivid/real at first until I remembered the pinched nose test which I did and to my utter surprise I was able to breathe through my pinched nose which increased my conscious awareness by a great deal!!! I got really excited and remembered the "go to the mirror first" suggestion from the ebook and the forum and did exactly that.
I don't remember actually walking there but somehow I just suddenly was in the bathroom (it was neither my current nor my bathroom at home) and got in front of the mirror. I saw my face down to my shoulders and it appeared to be me but I must have focused on my face too long and too intensively as it started to sort of "wobble". The next thing I remember is that I opened my eyes for real in my bed. Boy was I excited (and still am)!!! The whole experience lasted about 10-15 seconds (from what I can remember).I am now quite sure that my previous entry (Day 6) was also a successful attempt since I noticed the following
- Even though the experience was close to being as realistic as my waking state experience the memory of the whole time frame feels kind of strange. Let me explain:
1. The memory feels "implanted" after I wake up from the experience as if it was put there by someone/something else. It is hard to explain in words.
2. The memory fades like that of a dream recall and is not as accessible as the pure recall of a waking experience I have during the day time.
- I spotted several mistakes I made (probably because I did not expect it to happen spontaneously):
1. I did not have a plan of action but only did the pinched nose breathing and rubbed my hands together briskly for 1-3 seconds which increased my vision to near-realistic as far as I can recall.
2. I did not deepen long enough due to the pure excitement I felt, realising that I am FINALLY in the phase consciously for the first time in my life!
3. I hyper-focused on details of my face in the mirror for a few seconds without having deepened the phase beforehand resulting in an immediate foul.Other observations
- I cannot recall if I had a bodily perception. I know I had a body but I did not pay attention if I actually have one which I can touch (I did not look down to see what the rest looks like but only the mirror image).
- The environment was a mixture of my current environment and details I cannot consciously recall having seen before in any previous bathroom.
- The time of day was different compared to the "actual" time.
- I did not try to get back into the phase immediately after the foul but rather woke up fully awake and excited to have finally done it.Questions
- Did or do any of you have the same strange "implanted" feeling when it comes to phase memory?
- Now that I know that I can actually enter the phase at least spontaneously I still have that obstacle of understanding the "moving without actually moving" concept (e.g. phantom wiggling) which is my preferred method of indirect technique as I am a kinestetic person with primary senses of touching and seeing (I do not recall having sounds in my dreams ever or at least sounds do not register in my dream memory).
- Is anyone of you willing to have a skype conversation with me since I really need someone to talk to verbally who has extensive knowledge with the phase. I know it is a lot to ask but as you might know it is so much better to actually talk to someone instead of writing it down and to wait for a reply. It would mean a lot to me