Re: ONLY interesting or useful

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!

ONLY interesting or useful

Postby Sumer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:29 am

Introduction

I practice the phase from the beginning of February 2011. My first phase happened on the second day of practice after watching Michael's videos. I will publish here only information that I believe is either interesting or useful for other practitioners.
Last edited by Sumer on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consciousness is all there is.
All there is - is consciousness.
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Sumer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 am

PHASE: first experiences

During the first 9 weeks of the practice I experienced 13 phases, 5 of which were LDs. There is no sense in describing these phases as they were very brief. I would only like to mention that during these 13 phases I managed to experience the following:

- Simple separation
- Difficult and easy separations
- Rolling out with the duvet
- Entering the phase due to spontaneous fright
- Deepening by diving (falling down)
- Various vibrations
- Finding people by the door method
- Finding people by calling by name
- Flying
- Sex attempts
- Observing myself in the mirror (I turned out to be with a completely shaven head and a lot of tattoos on the body, a thug, so to speak)
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Sumer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 am

NOTE: first contemplations of the phase

My initial excitement subsided quite quickly. I realized that I could enter the phase only spontaneously – via LD or spontaneous separations. I did not like it. Started to analyze possible reasons for this and arrived at a conclusion that the culprit is the clinging nature of my consciousness. I was getting pre-phase sensations on direct and indirect techniques but my consciousness was clinging to reality and I was either fully conscious or was falling straight into sleep.  I was entering the phase only when my consciousness was very, very dim, i.e. spontaneously. I started to manage this problem. Achieved some results, but I will relay them later, when there is a more definite success.
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Sumer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:13 am

NOTE: fighting for the phantom wriggling

I am one of those who has had a great difficulty in producing the phantom wiggling. My muscles  were reacting, there was twitching and movement and so on. Here is a method for practicing the phantom wiggling that I developed. Maybe it can be useful for you.

I lie on my back, right arm on my chest, left arm on the bed, away from the body, so there is no way my breathing can affect my left arm. I relax and start breathing deeply. As I breath, my right arm is moving slightly up and down together with the chest. At the same time I am paying attention to the feeling in my left arm that is stretched on the bed. Very soon, and without any effort, I start feeling as it begins to “moveâ€
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Good analyzing for novice. It promises a good practical level in the future. Good luck!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sumer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Michael, thank you very much for the encouragement! It worked :), I had my first fully conscious entry into the phase today (next post).
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Sumer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:37 pm

PHASE #14: first fully conscious separation

I mentioned earlier that all my entries into the phase were spontaneous via LD or in a state of very dim consciousness. This was my first fully conscious separation. Because of that it felt like REAL FUN.

I returned from business trip and went to bed with eye covers on at 15:00. Attempted to enter the phase by direct methods but fell asleep. Woke up in about 3 hours without movement but with a feeling that I woke up completely. Nevertheless something told me to try to move my arm - in case it was my phantom arm. The arm started to rise together with the duvet. I had a feeling that the duvet covers my head as well (which was not true) and therefore decided to raise the arm higher to test whether it is my phantom arm or not, as at some point there would be light from the window if it indeed was my real arm. No, there was no light and I realized it was my phantom arm. I tried to roll out with the arm. At first separation was partial. I tried again and rolled out form the bed and ended up on all fore on the floor. Vision appeared almost immediately. I started palpating the floor, walls, window shades, feeling the texture. Then I rose and started clapping my hands. There was sound. Then I went to explore the rooms. Passed by a mirror. Looked at myself and saw myself there with dark glasses and a wide smile, although I did not smile at the time. Went into a room and saw a beautiful partition wall made as aquarium. Saw people behind the partition and went there. Foul. Attempt to separate again did not work.

My main mistake in the phase was not taking the clues that the deepening was not sufficient. The clues were: no change in perception of realism after application of deepening techniques, weak sound of hands clapping and strange reflection of myself in the mirror.
Last edited by Sumer on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 am

Yep, separation is much more exciting than becoming conscious in a dream.

Sumer wrote:I had a feeling that the duvet covers my head as well (which was not true) and therefore decided to raise the arm higher

If you had it from the very beginning, you awoke already in the phase. Actually, it happens in 20-40% of all awakenings, but without any traces. That's why we should try to separate as a first step to get the phase
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wiii » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:58 am

Same hapened to me,in my last phase,i woke up in the middle of the phase,somehow i knew i was in th phase but i was crystal awake,and so as i felt my body very easy and very relaxed i just got out,first with my upper body then with the rest!
And yeah, separation is hell of a fun than becoming conscious in a dream!

Wish all the best,
                      wiii
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Sumer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:28 am

Dear Michael and Wiii, thank you for your reactions! I had a dry spell for some time. Glad to come back and share my experiences.
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Sumer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am

PHASES 16-17: end of dry spell – or why it is important to strictly follow Michael’s instructions

I practice the phase for less than 3 months and until recently my phase entries were only spontaneous (which I did not like at all). This does not mean that I did not try the techniques. I tried direct techniques all the time (against Michael’s warning) and I also tried indirect techniques. Direct techniques – no surprise – did not work. Indirect techniques did not work either - with one recent exception on waking up after a day nap. As many other unfortunate novice practitioners I have had a big problem with indirect techniques: I woke up not remembering about the phase, I woke up with movement, I remembered about the phase too late, I woke up and did not have the energy to do the cycles and so on.

And finally I find myself in a dry spell for a week, which makes me rethink my tactics. I clearly realize that there is absolutely no way around indirect techniques if I want to get into the phase on a regular basis. So I make a commitment to train myself in indirect techniques, whatever the cost. There is a well-known psychological phenomenon: if your intent is TO TRY – this means that you allow for failure and may actually program the failure, if your intent is TO DO whatever the cost, you have a much better chance to succeed.

I decided – what the f@*k, I will practice indirect techniques until they work, whether it takes me a day, a month or a year. I want to get into the phase. Period. So three nights ago I start doing the routine: alarm for 6 a.m., waking up, bathroom visit, glass of water, going back to sleep and then catching the waking-ups and EACH TIME AND REGARDLESS of movement, laziness, late remembering about the phase or anything else I try separation and then do cycles of observing images, phantom wiggling and listening in. Nothing happened. I tell myself – what the f@*k , I will do it next night - same routine, same lack of success. I maintain – no f@*king way I am going to give up. So I am doing this routine during the third successive night – and finally all falls into place.

During the third night I get five waking-ups. First one with movement but I remember about the phase right away. Try to spate, do the cycles, go to sleep. Second - without movement and I immediately remember about the phase. Try to separate, do cycles, go to sleep. Third one – same story. Fourth waking up. Try to separate. Does not work. First cycle – nothing, second and third cycles – nothing. Forth cycle –  I am observing images, go into dream and realize that I am in the phase in a few seconds. Then I wake up for the fifth time close to 9 a.m., feel fully rested and alert. Decide to do the cycles anyway. First three cycles unsuccessful. During the fourth cycle while observing images I start feeling the phase state. Separate by following my phantom arm. Start deepening and get the foul. Feel some unusual sensation in my left leg, separate again following phantom movement of the leg. Start deepening. What is interesting - both separations were against the background of very clear conscious awareness – perhaps 90%. I am sure if I could go to sleep again at 9 a.m . I would be able to get into the phase again.

The lesson is very clear: STOP TRYING indirect techniques, DO THEM with full commitment and soon they will work.
Last edited by Sumer on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:48 pm

+1
Just do it. We are already in the phase upon awakenings.

PS. 4 cycles is minimum. At my last seminar a man got his the first phase on 8th cycle
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sumer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:22 pm

PHASE 20: not getting the hints

I have been ill for quite a while and I have not fully recovered yet. I think my sickness precluded the phase. I’ve had no energy for active attempts. However desire to get into the phase remained and I maintained it by reading on the subject and thinking about the phase before falling asleep. I’ve had three lucid dreams against this background. The last LD is curious in that my subconscious tried hard to give me hints that I was seeing a dream – so that I could become conscious – while I was stubbornly ignoring these hints. So I am seeing a dream that I am home together with my wife and I hear some noise. I think I should go check. We go together with my wife. Our house is most unusual (1st hint): it is old, large and grand, with several floors. I come out to a staircase with a wooden railing and stairs going down. On the wall in the staircase there are two large clocks. I look at the clocks and notice that they show different time (2nd hint) but pay no attention to this. At this moment the minute arm on one of the clocks starts rotating quickly (3rd hint), then stops and the clock shows new time. I ignore this and keep walking. Then I look at the clocks again one by one in turn and see that each time they show a different time (4th hint). At this point I realize that I need to check whether this is reality (!!!) or the phase. I start looking at a point on my finger, surprised at how bright everything is. But I cannot focus on this point, the picture is getting blurred or jumpy (5th hint). I recall that I can check the phase by breathing through a pinched nose. I do this successfully (6th hint) and at last realize that I am in a dream. I should have deepened right away, but instead I found nothing better than engage in sex with my wife, which ended in a foul without a happy ending.
Last edited by Sumer on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sumer
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:41 pm

At this moment the minute arm on one of the clocks starts rotating quickly (3rd hint)

I found a strange clock in my room upon entering the Phase once...I was lucid, of course, and noticed that the arm was rotating rather rapidly giving me the illusion that time was going faster there. Interesting that you saw a similar thing even though you were non-lucid.

I hope you recover soon, btw, and don't think for one second that being ill will affect the quality of your experiences. People have been nearly brain dead and have reported crystal clear NDEs! 8)

Good luck. I'm off to bed so that I can enter the Phase using the deferred method! ;)
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby NOVA » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 am

Thank you Sumer.  Your experiences are very helpful.

I agree with your quote

"Consciousness is all there is.
All there is consciousness."
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Return to BLOGS OF PRACTITIONERS