Re: Matt is determined!

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!

Matt's Blog!

Postby MattShea » Sat May 28, 2011 3:13 am

I watched the 25 minute video about indirect techniques last night. I was surprised at the new techniques that were shown. (I've read "Indirect Techniques" in the SOBT eBook at least 3-4 times) I decided to take 4 techniques for my cycle: Rubbing hands -> Observing images -> Swimming -> Rotation. I feel this gives me a chance to move between perceptions, instead of focusing on just movement or visuals. I used the deferred method, but I set my alarm for 4 hours instead of 6. I didn't think 6 hours would leave me with much practice time. After waking up I confirmed my intentions in my head and went to sleep. I woke up several different times during the next few hours, which pleased me. Each time, I tried my best to not move, and did my indirect techniques. I didn't see any results but I took this experience as progress because I was able to awaken without moving, and I was able to try some of the techniques. I hope everything I'm doing so far is right. :)
Last edited by MattShea on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Ssergiu » Sat May 28, 2011 7:31 am

Congrats!
The swimming method reminded me of something when I read it. When I was a child I used to have a lot of dreams in which I was swimming in air. I had a lot of them that I even mistook dream for reality and wanted to try it when I was awake too. They felt so vivid and they always occurred in my room. Hmm... maybe I had OOBEs and I did not know.  ;D
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Sat May 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Well done, anyway, MattShea! You are taking steps in the right direction. You'll be phasing in no time! Awakening without moving can be hard for some people...
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Sat May 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks guys! Didn't attempt last night but will try again tonight!  :D
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

I think I had success! Does it count as success if it was a false awakening and you were still dreaming when you projected? Wouldn't that make it a pretend projection? Anyways, here is the experience, as much as I can rememeber:

I was having a dream, and at the end of the dream, I could feel the shift in consciousness as I came back to my bed. I attempted rubbing my hands together, and I decided to incorporate rubbing my face as well. It began to start to feel real so I starting putting more work into it. Then, I tried to get up. Immediately after trying to get up, I questioned whether this was physical or not. Regardless, I kept on trying. I had to put in a large amount of effort into it, but I eventually managed to get myself out of bed. I couldn’t open my eyes. I tried to force them open with my hands and got a little bit of light in. Then I remembered that sometimes you don’t have vision, and that you need to do grounding techniques. I began feeling the walls and soon enough my vision began to come to me. In the process, I could hear a woman I know giving orders to someone. When my vision came, she was gone. I projected into my brother’s room instead of my own, but the whole house was different. There were people everywhere dressed in hunting uniforms. I walked into one room and there was a desk with a girl I know behind it. She seemed to be in charge of what was going on around there. We talked for a minute and then someone came in with a dead moose in a huge bag. It was quite strange. I proceeded to walk somewhere else, but I don’t know how I got there. It was a huge room, with shelves full of VHS tapes on one side and someone playing piano. They were playing Jewish music, I think, and people were all around listening. We walked into another room and someone started dancing. I began to dance with them, just fooling around. Everybody came into the room and watched us dance or joined us. I started to lose the phase, and could partially feel myself lying in my bed. I felt around trying to ground myself again but it was too late. I could feel the sides of my bed. I tried to get out of my body once again but it never worked.

Let me know what you think? :)
I believe I'm starting to get the hang of it all :D
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Sun May 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Well done! False awakenings happen in the Phase state too. This experience of yours is quite rich. Many of the things you saw could be puns for literal things. I'm wondering how much of this phase information that you obtained is personal and how much could be collective. The altered replicas of actual places are common with me too. thanks for sharing! You are getting the hang of it. Here's a target for you...try to enter the Phase already lucid! ;)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 am

Thanks!

Summerlander wrote:Here's a target for you...try to enter the Phase already lucid! ;)

What do you mean by that?
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby LawPaw » Mon May 30, 2011 5:08 am

Sounds to me like you entered the phase lucid, then lost it because you didn't have a set plan.

I'm finding that the importance of a set plan is so that you don't let the characters in the phase control what is happening.  Once you start playing with them, as opposed to being the one in control, it is almost impossible to stay lucid (in my experience). 

I have had this problem many times as characters start to tell me stories and I feel like I have to at least be polite and listen.

In the phase, social rules like politeness don't apply. 

I think it is important to maintain a pretty rigid plan of action until you have a good deal of experience.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 am

Okay, so what kind of plan should I have? Like, visit a certain place, or do a certain action? Things like that?
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 pm

MattShea wrote:Thanks!

Summerlander wrote:Here's a target for you...try to enter the Phase already lucid! ;)

I mean entering the metaphysical realm already knowing that you are in the phase state. I take it the whole thing started with a non-lucid dream state and progressed into lucidity?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Summerlander wrote:

I mean entering the metaphysical realm already knowing that you are in the phase state. I take it the whole thing started with a non-lucid dream state and progressed into lucidity?

So, once I know that I'm in the phase, what do I do then? :P
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Rudolph » Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 am

MattShea wrote:
Summerlander wrote:

So, once I know that I'm in the phase, what do I do then? :P

If you had a reason to get started trying to enter the phase now would be a good time to do whatever that was.

If you only wanted to enter the phase to see what it felt like... you're done.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Ssergiu » Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm

I agree with Rudolph and LawPaw. If you have a plan it should work better cause you have got a few things to do. If you just get out, you are excited by the fact you have finally achieved an OOBE and then... just literally do nothing. You've got an OOBE, know how it feels, you're done. Instead, having an OOBE and wanting to explore or do something is quite different. You should always try to move or do something while in the phase.

When I began practicing OOBEs I decided to reach only SP. After a while, I managed to separate. Now I want to have great experiences.  ;D
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Tue May 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Okay, well I'll choose plans, then :D
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby LawPaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 am

MattShea wrote:Okay, well I'll choose plans, then :D

A big reason a plan is so important is because if you begin to just stand there or do stupid repetitive things, like changing wall colors, then you will find that the experience will end pre-maturely.

A plan helps you to achieve a longer experience by staying active in your mind.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:00 am

Well, tonight I'm going to go to bed with the intent of not only entering the phase, but entering it with a distinct plan. Hope it helps when I actually achieve another phase entrance.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:55 pm

MattShea wrote:Okay, so what kind of plan should I have? Like, visit a certain place, or do a certain action? Things like that?

Firstly, it should be something easy and VERY interesting. It will help you a lot.

For example, a few days ago on my seminar I gave a task to see mirror in the phase. 16 people did it in 2 days. Can you imagine, all they saw different things there...
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MattShea » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Haha I'm scared to look into mirrors. I heard you'll often see yourself really distorted. Maybe I'll try it though. Do you have any more recommended plans while in the phase?
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 pm

This is what I used to look like when I first started. Now I tend to look less deformed: ;D

Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:12 am

Love the drawing! :D

Well, I think I'll give it a go if I can. Might be interesting.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:36 am

Just had a pretty cool phase experience! :)

Here it is:

I felt as if I was lying in my bed at first, but at the same time I felt like I was in a dream. I could hear a came show or something on a television, so it was definitely in my head. I relaxed and knew I was either in a dream or about to be. All of a sudden, I was thrust into the phase. I landed in a grassy field in a place like my town, but having a bit of a different appearance. I walked along, and felt the grass and other things as I did. I crossed a road as a huge vehicle came down the road. The vehicle hit me and knocked me down, but luckily it didn’t hurt. I feel as if I’m observing a movie. It felt great. Suddenly I realized what my plan was. I really wanted to try and fly and go visit someone that I know. I jump a couple times to no avail. Then, I jump and began to fly a little. All of a sudden, the police come and pull me out of the sky and accuse me of terrorism! I end up being let off because they really don’t  know what the heck they’re talking about. I go home after this. I really wanted to try and visit my friend again so I went and put my shoes on. At that point I starting thinking about my physical body so I immediately stopped thinking about it and continued with the shoe thing. I walk out side, and then I start thinking about what the world around me looks like. I gaze up being my house, which usually have a few hills. They’re huge now and very grassy instead of rocky. This amuses me and I look around some more. Now there are hills in my front yard. As I gaze up at the sky I notice something amazing. There are moons of every different shape and size, differing from the normal color to pale blue. Some of them are ovals and some are round. It was a real fantastic sight. After this, I continue on my way to visit my friend. I start walking down the road, trying to fly, again and again. My brother shows up and I tell him what I’m doing. He suggests that he give me a boost. I tell him that I might end up hurting myself like that so he doesn’t. I keep trying. I even jump off someone’s head when I see them coming up the road. I guess I finally give up on it. There’s a small lapse between then and when I end up in my house. When I do end up in my house, we’re having something to eat. As I’m sitting at the kitchen table, I all of a sudden wake up. It feels really interesting to just wake up peacefully in your bed after an experience like that.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I relaxed and knew I was either in a dream or about to be.

Yum yum...I know that feeling! :D

The vehicle hit me and knocked me down, but luckily it didn’t hurt. I feel as if I’m observing a movie. It felt great. Suddenly I realized what my plan was. I really wanted to try and fly and go visit someone that I know. I jump a couple times to no avail. Then, I jump and began to fly a little. All of a sudden, the police come and pull me out of the sky and accuse me of terrorism! I end up being let off because they really don’t  know what the heck they’re talking about. I go home after this. I really wanted to try and visit my friend again so I went and put my shoes on.

This is crazy! LOL! Maybe you disturbed the peace of that dream town by terrorising people with your flying antics! ;D

There’s a small lapse between then and when I end up in my house. When I do end up in my house, we’re having something to eat. As I’m sitting at the kitchen table, I all of a sudden wake up. It feels really interesting to just wake up peacefully in your bed after an experience like that.

A long time ago, when I was smoking a lot of marijuana, I experienced time lapses quite a lot. This was, of course, during the waking state. It's funny how that can happen in the Phase. There are enzymes in the brain that have the potential to produce hallucinogenic compounds. I wonder if in the Phase state, the brain sometimes stumbles upon certain molecular make-ups and combinations which produce this effect. :-\

When I do end up in my house, we’re having something to eat. As I’m sitting at the kitchen table, I all of a sudden wake up. It feels really interesting to just wake up peacefully in your bed after an experience like that.

Isn't it wonderful? Especially when you wake up feeling refreshed! It's great. Thanks for sharing the experience and congratulations! I wish you many more encounters with the Phase, my friend! :)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm

MattShea wrote:Haha I'm scared to look into mirrors. I heard you'll often see yourself really distorted. Maybe I'll try it though. Do you have any more recommended plans while in the phase?

Try to eat something.Actually, I plan to put the list "50 simple and interesting things to do in the phase" in SOBT

Summerlander wrote:This is what I used to look like when I first started. Now I tend to look less deformed: ;D

Another new case )))
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ssergiu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:37 pm

I plan to put a list "50 simple and interesting things to do in the phase" in SOBT

This is quite a very good idea! Please do it.  ;D
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 am

Eating sounds like an awesome idea :D
Now to pick a food I really like! (Or eat whatever is available)
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Matt's Blog!

Postby LawPaw » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:43 am

How do you guys not eat in the phase!?!?  I try to eat every time.  I find that eating actually helps deepen since it "awakens" another sense.  If things are tasteless, it's time to deepen.

Time lapses in the phase happen frequently to me.  For me, they seem to be for one of two reasons:

1.  You actually fall into regular sleep for a little bit.  You can tell if this has happened if your previous phase experiences seem to be a little more dull and more dream like (or you have forgotten part of the experience).  This typically happens when I've almost already lost lucidity and teleport or dive into the floor.  The real indicator is a sense the prior experiences have been dulled.

2.  Your mind in waking life actually forgets a lot of things throughout the day.  If you think about your day, you probably only really remember a few things.  Things like walking down hallways that you are familiar with are almost instantly forgotten in waking life unless you intentionally think back on them immediately.

I find the same thing is true in the phase.  I never remember going from my bedroom down the stairs.  Maybe my phase body skips this step but then thinks it has completed it once I'm downstairs interacting (like real memory an hour later), or maybe I just instantly forget this step in the phase.

I tend to think that there are many things we do in real life that are almost immediately forgotten that our phase body simply skips since it isn't bound by the physical world.  This also explains why phase experiences can seem like they last so long when in reality they last a few minutes at most.  Even our phase mind thinks and feels like it has completed tasks that is simply skipped.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Interesting insight! ;)
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Postby dreamsrock » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:54 pm

I've never eaten anything either......this sounds GREAT!!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Postby arqmeister » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:36 am

Interestingly, i know exactly how that little skipped moment feels. I woke during the night to make an atempt to inter the phaise after some movement. I would have normally done FFA but, i just did listening in instead but heres the strange part, i don't remember why i didn't do forced falling asleep. Its like when i intended to, i forgot about it. The listening in worked great though and i was at the foot of my bed in the phaise before long but, it raises an interesting question. Is our memory in the phaise, or perhaps our subconscious stable?
arqmeister
PHASER
PHASER

Postby MattShea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Had another lucid dream last night! It wasn't very long, though haha.

I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone, telling her about how much I wanted to have a lucid dream. Then it hit me! I was having a dream at that very moment! I proceeded to try my very hardest to fly, for the 3rd LD in a row. Sadly, this attempt was also unsuccessful. I've tried everything!

Any way I can make myself fly? :P
Last edited by MattShea on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Next

Return to BLOGS OF PRACTITIONERS