wheres raven?

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!

wheres raven?

Postby WheresRaven » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:38 pm

I had just finished reading Willy's entire thread, with his detailed experiences and all of the other people's comments... Michael's direction etc.
A comment rang in my head "just get up"...
Before I went to 'bed' I asked my cat if she would take me on an adventure with her... She's an accomplished Scout and Hunter, and often wants me to go outside with her.  I watch her a lot... Often she is an extension of my senses.

I layed down on the floor and covered my head with a pillow... I was awake in the dark for quite awhile.  My thoughts went from a mental movie of me turning into a cat and following her through the night.... Then the thoughts and fixations of everyday life started moving in... new job etc.
I drifted to sleep? and was awoken by a quick sound... It was either my cat stretching out a quick sigh beside me on the couch, or my son squeaking in his sleep... or...?

With my eyes closed I blinked down slow and hard... like the beginning of a yawn.  My skin goosefleshed out like it was reaching, and I found myself aware but asleep.... So I tried to 'just get up', and I did.  I knew that I was in the phase leaving my body because the air had a liquidy blue texture to it that I later learned was what happens when I move to and from my body.
I couldn't completely see at first.  It was dim and tunnely.  I began shifting my eyes side to side rapidly.  I could then see much better.  It was very bouncy to walk around.  So I tried to fly through my ceiling (I live in a mobile home, in a court).... my head got part way through and I kind of bounced back down again.  Didn't think much of that, so I flew through my big front window.... through a 2ft by 2ft stained glass piece I made hanging in it... right out into the night. I explored my area on foot for a bit, and noticed that walking was a bit hard to get going at first (like I was 'floating on the moon'), but after some time, the speed I could eventually generate was much faster...I thought of turning into an Eagle and saw my arms convert to wings... and took flight again...I forgot that I changed and thought nothing of it again (I think I didn't fully change, and went back to my 'normal' form).... I flew around soaring in all different ways... I even grabbed onto a cottonwood tree branch that I used to swing myself through the air in a gigantic arc. 

All the while using my shifting eyes to renew detail.  I remembered my cat and called to her from above.  It was still kind of dark out and her shape in the night was vague, but it was her.  I tried to follow her but it was breaking up, and the eye-shifting stopped working.  I saw the liquid blue air and was back on the floor again.

During the adventure I noticed a feeling of teeth clenching... something I did a lot as a kid at night. 
I also heard myself saying whew! as I swung on the branch, but it somehow came from my body on the floor as a kind of sigh.

Like a dream, it's hard for me to remember the entire event.

I entered back into phase the same way some later time in the night, where I flew around in a similar fashion for a shorter period, came back to my body and immediately left it again.  So it seems to me I went on 3 or 4 phase adventures... or one, or none :)

In either the first or second trip, I wanted to transport to somewhere in the middle of the vast wild forest surrounding where I live, to find, stalk and explore with any wild animal that I could find (bears, cougars, foxes etc.)  I ended up instead in a small patch of trees about 100m from my home, and ran back.

I also remember at some point, either in a dream or prior to leaving my body, I came up with a song I really liked.... I play guitar and sing, but often have problems writing my own songs...cause they always sound like something else I've already heard... This song was really good, and I remember feeling a welling-up feeling as I listened to it... I forget it now though LOL

As a child I had many trapping dreams of a sinking, infinite, vibratory nature that were very exhausting to try and break away from...  I called them nightmares... the kind of thing you don't bring up to people at the dinner table.

If I knew then what I know now.....

I will be different for my kids.

I really think that it was a combination of Willy's thread, and my girlfriend's young adult experiences/stories about waking up to her room, but the numbers on the clock are backwards... and her time in the hospital during a 'terrible' acid trip.... where it took several people to hold her down, and objects oozing away in her hands, and trying to not be sucked in using affirmations of 'prettiest hair, prettiest eyes' etc... Maybe she'll tell them here some time...
WheresRaven
PHASER
PHASER

Re: wheres raven?

Postby Michael Raduga » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

Was it your first experience?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wiii » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 am

If it was your first experience i'm jealous :D
Preety nice raven,hold on to it,keep doing it!!
It was definately the phase:D

wiii
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Postby dreamsrock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 pm

that's cool Raven, I've never been an animal b4.  Sounds fun!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:41 pm

WOAH! What a awesome phase! Gonna get me one of those soon!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby WheresRaven » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 am

Was it your first experience?

Yes.
A couple of lucid dreams in the past but just awareness of a dream, and still carried along by it, in a way.
I've had some odd things occur in waking life as well.

that's cool Raven, I've never been an animal b4.  Sounds fun!
  It was really neat watching my arms change, but I didn't really FEEL like I was an eagle beyond that.  Like I forgot... or maybe eagles don't think about themselves in that way?
If it was your first experience i'm jealous
Preety nice raven,hold on to it,keep doing it!!
It was definately the phase:D
  Cool.  Ya, again, thanks to everyone at this board, just from reading it all here.  And falling asleep many nights to an audio version of the ebook probably helped too :)

WOAH! What a awesome phase! Gonna get me one of those soon!!
reading everyones experiences built up my possibilities. 

To be honest I wasn't really trying.  It just kinda fell into place, like others have mentioned 'it seems so easy after, an easy one'  LOL.
WheresRaven
PHASER
PHASER

Postby WheresRaven » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 am

Another experience I had a few years ago was a bit larger in it's effects on me.  Though I was awake.

It began with an evening stroll.  My girlfriend and I doing a tour around her grandparents area... a big square loop of 4 streets.  At the farthest street is a big farmers field.  She felt like walking out into it, and being logical I already assigned our destination to be 'out the other side'... cutting a corner of the square.
It was a full moon.  We hadn't been to that side of the country for a year or so, so it was very new to us (again) and vibrant.
She decided to stop in the middle of the field, sit, and watch the sky.  The stars there are always amazing (small town, no lights).
Me, being me, got a little edgy from the halt of 'the destination'. 
But I dropped that notion, turned around and came back beside her and looked up too.

As I moved my eyes around the sky, and all of the beauty of the stars and black, I eventually settled them on the moon. Suddenly, it began to appear to be rushing toward me.  I became fixated, unable to blink or change my gaze.  The sounds of the night grew very strong and detailed, like every 'thing' was doing their thing right in my ears.  Same too with my sight.  My field of vision wrapped around my entirety of my eyes' seeing possibilites, and the detail was un-explainable.  My entire skin goosebumped out aswell.
By this point I had no thought.  No lingering defining and commenting voice, and no images.  Just pure knowing...  The tears began pouring out of my eyes at the senses of this beauty, and power, and by then, my breathing was sooo deep and true...I've never felt this before? (perhaps in my first and last breaths of life)....
I stood there perfectly like a rooted tree for what seemed like an eternity, but probably wasn't much longer than 1 or 2 minutes, until an image began flashing in and out.  It was a view from above of a person lit in the dark looking up at the moon with black shining eyes pouring out black tears.  Not a sinister image. An image of me how I was standing in bliss.  Slowly my mind began drifting in, like coming back into a dream, as I was lowered to my butt (that's what it felt like), where I began to shiver uncontrollably (cold, shaken). 
My gf wrapped her arms around me and I began to aquire the ability to think about what I had just witnessed. 

From an onlooker's perspective it would have just been someone looking up for a bit and then slowly sitting down.

The effects didn't quite fully 'go back to normal' for the rest of the evening, but it was a gradual decline.  I remember knowing that I was carrying a popcan but couldn't feel it as I looked at it... It felt perfect or a part of me....like there was nothing there...where the trees spoke through their vibrance (not in language ofcourse, through their own intent/pattern)

This event re-connected me to the earth again.... showed me that separation from power/enlightenment/god/spirit/energy is a mere civilizational distraction, a trick of the mind, and 'eternal bliss' is always a glance away for everything/everyone.

I've had much milder events of this nature, and can bring them on when I desire... through a few of my own techniques

One being staring at the moon ofcourse.

I can also bring it on by asking myself truthful questions such as.... "what IS that?" (with emphasis) when looking at 'ordinary everyday' things.  Because since I know now that nothing is separate from anything else and myself (and in logically knowing that now, through actual sensual experience) the truth (to me) can be called upon again as intent, or gazing with the senses.

Other ways of 'training' are found in awareness skills.  Such as... fixating your gaze on the horizon (or moon) or any 'point' without losing/moving focus, and moving the mind's eye instead around the peripheral of vision.... your eyes may start to water ;)
Believe it or not, if this is practiced enough to where it becomes normal, the person will begin to see inklings of the spirit, in time.  The extent to this possiblity is infinite ofcourse.  It is my understanding that animals and newborn human animals see this way all the time, and ignorant (ignore-ance) education trains it out of us.
It's also a great way to see the slightest movement while walking through the forest or anywhere.  Detail gets better with
practice. 

It is all really the same technique as far as practicality, I guess.  Just confusing the mind's status quo in different ways.... enough to make it jump ship into an intensity of senses.

anyways...  If you got this far, thanks for reading.
WheresRaven
PHASER
PHASER

Postby WheresRaven » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:20 am

I remember a detail from my first phase adventure....
As I flew through the window and stained glass, I looked to my left to see what the thickness of the window looked like.  The stained glass was like a layer of shimmer (as the sun sparkling on water) and about 1/2" thick, and the window appeared to have a cell-like structure except the cells ran perpendicular to the surface of the glass, and it appeared to be about 6" thick....  like they were up close and far away.
I also observed that I was half inside half outside, while passing through.
WheresRaven
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:43 pm

I just read your last two posts.  Congratulations, WheresRaven!  Your experiences are quite poetic and convey beauty.  It reminds me of a vivid dream that Stephen LaBerge had where he was struggling and felt like he was about to die.  In the moment where he thought he was about to give his last breath, he completely accepted the situation and his breath produced a rainbow...

Interesting! 8)
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby WheresRaven » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 am

Congratulations, WheresRaven!  Your experiences are quite poetic and convey beauty

Thanks for that.

It reminds me of a vivid dream that Stephen LaBerge had where he was struggling and felt like he was about to die.  In the moment where he thought he was about to give his last breath, he completely accepted the situation and his breath produced a rainbow...

What a relief that breath would have been!  cool.
WheresRaven
PHASER
PHASER

Postby WheresRaven » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 pm

No luck in lucidity for quite a while until this morning...

I didn't completely separate but it was still pretty neat..
Today I actually intended to have a lucid experience, where as the past couple of months of 'nothing', I didn't really want one, I guess, for several reasons...
I had several short naps throughout the day.  My last one before I went to bed was from 11pm until about 2:30am.  I decided to leave the couch and go to bed. 
Not really tired but tired enough.
I lay there for about 15 or 20 mins flopping around and just viewing whatever came up behind my eyelids.
After awhile I started to see blue blotches dripping into view and pouring out... I knew this was something. 
Then I went into a dream of walking through some unknown river.  I came across a lady that was standing on the bank near 2 big aluminum boats.  She was smoking a joint and asked me if I wanted to go halves with her.  I said SURE (thinking that she ment the doob),and she said 'no, one of those boats'.  I said no thanks and moved on.
Coming out of the water was where my attempt at separation began.

I began hearing the loud noise lying in my bed (like what I hear when I yawn) and knew it was time.  I started goose fleshing and said to myself 'get up'
So I began to rise from the head.
I started to talk to myself about what I wanted to do in the phase and I think that's what kind of put the kybosh on the journey.

I did manage to see the place that I would have ended up at.  It was in a tourist area somewhere in a courtyard of roman like buildings with tall pillars.  I saw tourists standing around who all stopped to watch me with surprised looks on their faces (almost 'scary looking').  I didn't care and kept trying.
Slowly it started to phade out back to the blue blotches except they were see through to the same place.
Then I opened my eyes and began hearing the familar fridge hum.  I looked at the clock and it said 3:38.  I did some rapid eye blinking to make sure the time didn't change, and shortly fell back to sleep.

I have a question for whoever wants to answer...

I work long hours and have been a little concerned that if I try to lucid dream, that it will ruin my sleep.
Any idea if this happens?
Can I lucid dream with about 6 hours sleep each night and still get enough sleep ?
6 hours is normally all I need.

till next time
WheresRaven
PHASER
PHASER

Return to BLOGS OF PRACTITIONERS