Re: Bluremi's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!

Bluremi's Blog

Postby bluremi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I had my first success! I'm going to keep this thread updated with any others, because reading people's descriptions of their phase entrance methods helped me a lot:

September 26, 2011

I woke up at 6AM today, went to the bathroom, and then lay back down immediately to try to sleep. I usually have difficulty falling asleep, so this time, for the first time, I put on earplugs and a facemask. After about an hour, I was still quite awake and running through ideas for my class in my head.

After an hour I wasn't falling asleep but I was very physically relaxed, so I tried forced falling asleep. After about 10-15 seconds, I felt a strange dislocation and numbness settle over my body, which felt unusual. I immediately tried listening in, and heard a very loud ringing sound, like fire alarms going off. I listened to it and it got louder and then seemed to peak. It was very loud, but nothing else was happening so I switched to observing images for a few seconds. Nothing, and the ringing got quieter, so I went back to listening in. It got louder again, and again it seemed to peak.

Then I realized that it was so loud that I was probably already in the phase but didn't realize it. I tried rolling over with a sudden jerk and BAM! I was out of bed, standing on the floor! I can't describe how unexpected this was: I had no idea what rolling out would feel like, and it turned out to be kind of like climbing out of a pool, about that much resistance. Michael's advice to not worry and just DO IT was right on the money.

I was very excited, but I remembered the SOBT advice to immediately deepen. Everything was grey and I felt nothing, heard nothing, saw only grey silhouettes around me. I started rubbing my hands together firmly in front of my face and they slowly came into view, along with everything else in my room. I started peering at my hands and fingers, and my vision became crystal clear. My room came into perfect lifelike focus. I walked around my room peering and palpating everything I could find. Since it was my first time in the phase, I examined all the random objects lying around on my shelves and table and they all appeared perfectly real, even the writing on them (I didn't stop to try to read the individual words because I didn't want a foul). I continuously reminded myself that I was dreaming, so as not to lose consciousness and fall asleep.

After spending about a minute looking at everything and being amazed by the simulacrum of reality, I decided to try to do something with the experience. I didn't have any plans beforehand because I was not really expecting success, but I decided on the spur of the moment to try flying. I looked up at my ceiling, then down at my feet, took a deep breath and tried to levitate while looking at my feet. They slowly rose a few inches off the floor, and as I exhaled they went back down. Perfectly controlled, as I expected. I tried again, with another deep breath and this time a jump, and I launched myself through my ceiling like superman, fists extended. I didn't want to pass through my ceiling insubstantially, I wanted to blast out, and I did, through about 10 floors of brick and plaster which exploded in front of me like a multistory pratfall in reverse.

Then I was out, above my house. I was not in my neighborhood, but in some kind of huge cave that housed an entire city. I didn't recognize anything and didn't have any plans of where to go, so I just flew around a little bit and eventually zoomed in on a window where some "friend" of mine (I don't know who it was, they were just labeled "friend" in my dream consciousness") was watching a movie on television. At this point, since I didn't have anything to do, and I was just hovering outside the window with a pause in my actions, I fouled and woke up in bed.

I hadn't moved and I wanted to immediately try to enter the phase again, but I was just too excited and I felt my physical body very clearly. I decided to get up and record my experience before I forgot it, and when I stood up it confirmed that I was completely awake and not the least groggy or relaxed since I was able to turn on my computer and write clearly and lucidly right away.

I have been trying to enter the phase through direct methods and meditation for about two years now. I read SOBT last year and didn't follow the instructions carefully! I did what Michael explicitly recommends not to do, and tried direct techniques first because I thought somehow I was different. Two weeks ago I read it again, carefully, and followed the instructions to the letter. Voila, a textbook phase experience, easy! I look forward to more, thanks Michael for such an amazing resource.

Next time I will definitely have a few plans of action to try out so I don't foul again in a lull of activity.
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Postby SouRce » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Congratulations and that is an excellent experience for a first timer. I know tons of people who were only able to stay in for 10 sec or less and had no control. Great job.

-SouRce
SouRce
PHASER
PHASER

Postby breadbassed » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Good work, i definitely think the techniques on this site are informative and very useful.  This sounds very similar to my first lucid dream, where i flew out of the window above my house, it was so real.

Keep up the good work and come up with some ideas for things to do in the phase  ;D
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:56 pm

What a great experience, bluremi!  Michael will be proud of your progress!  You may not have had a plan of action but your quick decision-making appears to have prevented you from hesitating, which, as we all know, can be detrimental to the duration of the phase state.

I think you can go even further than this with a plan of action.  I usually have five or more steps in mind, which I may not always carry out, especially if I decide to explore things I encounter in the phase.  I also have a way of remembering the steps of a plan of action when I'm in the phase (which will also prevent hesitation from pausing to remember the steps). For example:

1 - Visit Guru and ask about pre-birth state.
2 - Eat and Aero desert.
3 - Visit Gerald, my best man.
4 - Revisit the magical world of Summerland.
5 - Contact Nanny Marge (deceased person).
6 - Simulate Star Wars game reality.
7 - Alien contact in UFO.

To remember that I just think: GAGS NSA.
(Guru; Aero; Gerald; Summerland; Nanny; Star Wars; Aliens)

(I didn't stop to try to read the individual words because I didn't want a foul)

You can do this while performing maintaining techniques.  Feel free to explore things in minute detail and don't worry about fouling.  As long as you don't stop and relax.  Just maintain sensory input.

I tried again, with another deep breath and this time a jump, and I launched myself through my ceiling like superman, fists extended. I didn't want to pass through my ceiling insubstantially, I wanted to blast out, and I did, through about 10 floors of brick and plaster which exploded in front of me like a multistory pratfall in reverse.

This must've felt great!  I know the feeling of blasting off through the roof!  Way to go Superman!!  Or Neo...lol!  You were lucid in a dream world after all... ;D

Then I was out, above my house. I was not in my neighborhood, but in some kind of huge cave that housed an entire city.

bluremi, take me to this world of yours...PLEASE!  This is incredible!  I can just imagine the site.  It's like out of a sci-fi movie!!  I'd love to live in that city!  :P

I hadn't moved and I wanted to immediately try to enter the phase again, but I was just too excited and I felt my physical body very clearly. I decided to get up and record my experience before I forgot it, and when I stood up it confirmed that I was completely awake and not the least groggy or relaxed since I was able to turn on my computer and write clearly and lucidly right away.

I can tell this was an invigorating experience.  Well done!!  :)
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 pm

I listened to it and it got louder and then seemed to peak. It was very loud, but nothing else was happening so I switched to observing images

You got it already at this moment. You should try to separate, but were waiting for something. You're lucky that it didn't dissapear soon and you were able to get into the phase later.

Anyway, it was very good for the first time.

Please, copy your first experience here viewtopic.php?t=5
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bluremi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:31 am

Michael, for some reason I expected something obvious to happen, indicating I was in the phase and able to roll out, but had no idea what I was waiting for.

Summerlander, thanks for the advice, I've made a large list of things to do on my phone and will check them off as I get to them, so I'm never casting around for something to do. At the top of the list is walking on the moon and summoning a dragon!
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 am

ANY unusual sensation upon awakenings means a phase. Actually, upon awakening you're already in the phase
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Luna » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 pm

That is such an amazing first experience!!! Good onya!

I launched myself through my ceiling like superman, fists extended. I didn't want to pass through my ceiling insubstantially, I wanted to blast out, and I did, through about 10 floors of brick and plaster which exploded in front of me like a multistory pratfall in reverse.
Oh my, that would have been soooo much fun!

I was not in my neighborhood, but in some kind of huge cave that housed an entire city.
AMAZING! I wanna see stuff like this!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby pkletter91 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 pm

I think that becoming conscious while dreaming is a much better way to experince the phase. In a Lucid dream the astral mind or just the mind has already created scenery for you. For beginners I think this is ideal. As long as it seams so real that you dont second guess yourself. The experience is genuine. For instance there are dreams i can remember so well, and I know for a fact I was controlling events within the dream while those within the dream were also giving input, and guiding the dream for maximum effectiveness. It was so real that i was able to argue with my best friend whomb i new from middle school. He called me a chicken for not confronting my dead, so i proved him wrong, and guess what? I felt emotions!!! I'm in the Navy, and we refer to someone who tries to think something through way too hard as a nuke. Because evidently the Nuke rate is the most intelectual job you can get in the Navy. I guess the point I'm trying to make is. Your already experiencing the phase, and you dont even know it. My best advice would be to capture what you feel in a dream as emotions. This way you know you were consciously making descions while you were in that dream.
pkletter91
PHASER
PHASER

Postby bluremi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I've been having trouble finding time to get a good night's sleep lately, until this morning.

I stopped using an alarm clock to wake me up after 6 hours because I usually wake up early anyway, and having to get up and turn it off ruins an extra chance at the phase.

Today I woke up after roughly 6 hours, went to the bathroom, and lay back down to try and sleep with earplugs and a face mask. Woke up roughly 30 minutes later and remembered not to move! YES!

Unfortunately my arm was in a very uncomfortable position so I rearranged myself and did 10 seconds of FFA. Then I started doing cycles (observing images, listening in, straining the brain). I remember going through two cycles and then I must have fallen asleep because I woke up later and had to go to work.

The cycles I remember showed no indication of starting to work, which is weird because I thought as you approached the point of falling asleep, you were supposed to also approach the phase.

I guess I need to be more aggressive with the cycles? Is that right?
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:06 am

Right. It means you almost got it, but lost concentration in the right moment.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Return to BLOGS OF PRACTITIONERS