Re: Gordon's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!

Gordon's Blog

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Well, I'm so inspired by the great experiences that everyone here has had, I've decided to begin my own blog. I'm a Hypnotherapist as well as an author and a Spanish teacher, and I have to say that the experience of phase is the most fascinating thing I've come across to date.

I've been attempting OBE's for years, I've read lot's of books that hint at techniques without giving us anything concrete. Finally, I came across Michael's page and Bob's your Uncle, I started to have success where beforehand I only experienced frustration and failure.

I'm very much at the learning stage and have made lots of mistakes, although I like making mistakes and then learning from them. My last experience was the following: I woke after various previous awakening that same night, and although I had moved, I began to cycle through the indirect techniques.
I felt the vibrations beginning to overtake my body and then, I saw a pair of eyes staring at me as the light suddenly increased behind my closed eyes. I stepped out of my body, although it was a struggle to do so. I found myself in a bedroom that wasn't my own.

There were two beds, and everything was in darkness. In one of the beds I saw my brother. He looked either dead, or very ill, and yet I wasn't the least bit interested in him. I saw that it was night-time outside and I could see the moon through the window. My plan was already set out and that was to meet God, then find two ex-girlfriends and tell them I was sorry for the way I'd behaved with them. (This is part of my self healing that I'm currently working on). 
I began to deepen the state by rubbing my body and scratch my head with my nails, (I didn't peer or palpitate, and realise that I should have.)
I decided to translocate and repeated "I'm off to see God" a number of times followed by putting my hands in front of my eyes and imagining being with God. I then took my hands away and found myself in the same room. I found this quite funny and giggled at my inability.
With new resolve, I decided to relocate by throwing myself forward. I looked at the floor and was a bit worried that I might hurt myself. There was a spare bed, so I turned to it and threw myself forward with closed eyes. I had a wonderful feeling of whooshing through the air, and enjoyed it until, I suddenly began to worry that it was taking too long and I mentally put the brakes on.
With a jolt, I found myself back in the same room. Bugger! I thought. Over to one side, there was a woman, seated. I wasn't sure who or what she was and, rather foolishly, I began to chat with her. The conversation was very boring and before I knew it, bang! foul and I was back in my body.
In retrospect, I realise that I should have deepened much more. Everything was dark and I didn't have control of the phase at all. Still, it was a fab experience for me and funny too.
The way I look at it is that I have the rest of my life to perfect this. It's not a race and what is sure is that I can get into phase.
I don't enter as often as I wish and I have a list as long as my arm of things that I will do. So, I'm happy.
I'm a teacher at heart and so, my ultimate goal is to be able to share this with others and help others have what will probably be the most interesting experiences of their entire life.
  It certainly is for me!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our dreams are but realities yet to be realised-Some Bloke
Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 am

Hiii and welcome!!
Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and not get so agitated with my inability to lengthen my phases.

Cool first experience for you!! Glad you enjoyed it. They are so much fun however short. Can't wait to read your entries!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 am

Thanks, Luna. Talking about not getting agitated. I read a thing that Micheal wrote, which was about not getting too needy, about just letting it happen. I went to bed last night with that in mind, along with stating my intentions. This time, I just said, "I want to experience, this, this and that, if that's alright with you". ( I was talking to the other half, who makes all these things happen, I suppose.)
I awoke at 2.30, a little early according to what I'm reading and went to the loo. Getting back to bed I began to settle and ran through the techniques, this time aiming to keep to the short bursts of time that MR reccommends. (Before this I've been letting them drag out, even when they weren't working). I recall that he mentioned that some people get to eight or nine cycles before something happens.
That was very much the case for me. By about the eight cycle, my visuals began to go crazy and I burst into the phase and came out of the body spontaneously. And this was where the problems started. As soon as I arrived, I began deepining by touching my body and peering. Everything soon became hyper real and I reaslised I was with some old friends.
I guess that because I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep, I was groggy minded and I never even thought about creating my own experience or about my plans. The woman of the partnership told me that they were about to have an orgy (very out of character I must add! lol) and asked if I would like to join in. As she wasn't the most physicaly attractive person on earth, I went into an internal dialogue about the ups and downs of the idea, ;) and whoosh, foul, back in the body.
I made a further three waking attempts at phase, without success. I've been working on this each night for weeks and weeks, without a break. I wonder if I should just take a few days off, to charge my batteries. If you're reading this, what do you think?
                                            saludos, Gordon :)
Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm back! I've just started Michael's new SOOBE book and I have to say that it's very well written, with much clearer explanations of the systems. I like it a lot.

I thought that I'd write about the errors that I seem to have made during my attempts, based on what the good book says. All praise Michael ;)

Firstly, I noticed that MR mentions that the effort and focus of entering the phase can increase the vividness of dreams. I have to agree. I'm having some humdingers and my recall is great. Probably the best it's been.

I've been working each night for a long time, with intermittant success. Clearly, this limited success is linked to making constant attempts without having a break. I'm going to make attempts three times each week, from now.

I have been spending FAR TOO LONG on the indirect techniques, going on and on with them. I should have been running through them for a minute or so, and not for hours....hmmm, no wonder I was so tired. lol

I've managed to wake up without moving many times. I think I've got that sorted. However, I haven't been aiming to separate from the body as a first action. I haven't been utilising the first miliseconds of waking awareness to separate. I've read that the majority of success comes from that point and moment of awareness. This is what I am now working on. I know I can get there, quickly.

I woke up on night and noticed that my eyes were open and that light was streaming through the window, from behind the blind even though it should have been dark. I completely missed the sign that I was, in fact, already in phase. Bugger!! It was only the next morning that I ran through the events of the night and realised it was a false awakening. Now I'm reality checking each time I awake.

Each time I've been in the phase, I haven't deepened enough and have had much shorter experiences than I could have had. I've learned from that.

So there we have it. I doubt I've covered all of the weird things that I've done over the past few months, however, the great thing is that I have already had a number of phase experiences which were so lovely that I'm happy to work as much as I need to to get to there.

My aim is to not only have frequent phase experiences, but also to learn everything that the phase (my mind....the collective consciousness...the parallel universes) has to offer.

I've been telling lots of people about this, and about my experiences....they look at me as though I'm mad!

However, I ran a hypnosis course this weekend in which we practiced past life regression, and in-between-lives- regression. At least they were more open minded about it.

That's all for now. Next installment.... my plans whilst in the phase.

Gordon :)
Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:02 am

Past lives regression!  That's very interesting.  Do you think we live multiple lives?  Have you been able to remember past lives, Gordon? 

I was sceptical about precognitive dreams once, by the way...until I had one two weeks before the actual event.  My dream involved the same people and the same event...it almost had me convinced with its initial impression on me!  And then I went back to being a sceptic after carefully considering what I had experienced... ;D

Coincidences...I won't even go there because this is not what this is about and it would only be an easy way to explain and even dismiss the remarkable.  No, it wasn't so much a coincidence.  There was an intelligent plan for a near accurate display of incoming actuality.  Nothing paranormal involved though even though we like to muse over that possibility because we tend to grossly underestimate our brain and mind's potential.

There is also the fact that I had discussed "if's" in waking life which might have prompted my mind to work out a probability matrix considering all the information it gathered on the subject and what it stored in the subconscious.  In hindsight, having had the time to ponder over my precognitive experience, I realised it wasn't precognitive at all.  Firstly, I had no idea my dream would come true so to speak... 

Secondly, the incident that was apparently foreseen in a dream was in fact an accident waiting to happen and had been playing in the back of my mind for some time prior to that.

Youths ride bikes up and down the close where I live very often.  The residents from door number one have vehicles parked nearer to the main road.  It's a liability.

We know more than we think we know and our minds can do better than wild guessing.  My mind could have worked out all the angles, the people involved, their reactions and the aftermath.  A sequence of events as a possibility and the mental version, I might add, wasn't exactly 100%...more like the gist of what was to come was played out for me.

It only gets easier with the notion of past lives and the mind readily concocts what the heart wants to believe in.  Then, of course, we have simpler and fantastic explanations such as time travel, reincarnation and parallel universes...

If something has convinced you of the reality of past lives, pray tell! Bear in mind that, when it comes to parallel universes, the Many-Worlds interpretation in quantum theory is currently hypothetical still. 
Last edited by Summerlander on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:03 am

not getting too needy, about just letting it happen.
yes, I agree about the letting it happen but I seem to have this issue of being to passive maybe at the moment. I get the phase but then can't do anything. It's like I have no thoughts and I just lye in it. I can't move and then I slowly feel it disappear. I don't know how to get around it. :( I heard a voice tell me this morning "Don't attempt whilst laying on your stomach until you know you can do it for sure" WTH? lol

I've been working on this each night for weeks and weeks, without a break. I wonder if I should just take a few days off, to charge my batteries. If you're reading this, what do you think
Michael does recommend in SOBT for novices to only induce the phase about 2-3 times a week, as you have realised 
I'm going to make attempts three times each week, from now.
:)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 am

Luna, I find that when I'm especially tired, and in phase, I struggle to make something of it. It's almost as though I'm distanced from it. And, you're right. I need to have a break. I had a normal night last night and had some superb dreams. Fantastic.

Summerlander, I've been using hypnosis to take people back to past lives for a number of years.
I don't particularly have a fixed ideal on what it is. Before I demonstrate it, I always pre-frame the experience by saying that it could be one of many things:

Metaphor...The unconscious works in metaphor. For that reason I always ask it to present a past life that is pertinent to this one. Invariably there are important parallels between what the person is experiencing now and in the past life. They tend to be opposites, but not always.

Past Life.... Some people have had very specific experiences with dates, times, places, which they have then researched with success. Howevere, we don't know if they were already unconsciously aware of that person before.

Genetic memory...we have them...in my therapies I work with them a lot. We are born with these memories, a baby knows to search for the nipple, an animal knows it needs to get on its feet immediately etc etc.

Collective consciousness... Are these memories that are drawn from the soup of information circulating around us? Not specifically ours, but available to us for learning.

I prefer to let the person have the experience and then decide. Whatever the truth (as if it existed!) each person tends to have an undeniable, quite often HD experience, which impacts their life in positive ways.

p.s. I haven't had anyone famous yet and I'm glad. I've done more than 50 of them and each person has been typically, humble and normal. Happy travels!

Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Luna, I find that when I'm especially tired, and in phase, I struggle to make something of it. It's almost as though I'm distanced from it.
yes, that is how I feel. I am sick at the moment and have been quite tired lately. maybe that is it. Thank you.

I had a normal night last night and had some superb dreams. Fantastic.
COOL! I love nights like that.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Excellent post, Smith-Duran!  I really enjoyed reading it and you have the right approach in my opinion!  I loved it!  8)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Okay.....I've had a few days break. I've been reading and listening to the new SOOBE and realise what errors I was making....I'm full of beans!!!

I'm going for it....and I'll keep the blog posted. If you read this, cross your fingers for me.

Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:44 am

*crosses fingers*  ;D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Any adventures?!? Can't wait to hear them!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby BK » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 pm

About past lives...
There is really only one well known researcher.
Ian Stevenson
20 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation
It is a real academic book so don't expect it to be easy to read.
It is not a "How To" book either.
I saw a stage hypnotist at my University long ago wo brought people through age regression and past lives.  He had them write their names as they go younger on an overhead projector.
You could see the difference...especially when they were six or so.  The dates for past lives did't always match up though.
BK
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Adventures???? I've been having the most fantastic dreams....and getting myself all mixed up with what I'm supposed to do when I wake.
I'm missing the vital moment of leaving the body and keep getting out of bed for real! lol.

Since I read Michael's latest book, I've gotten worse. This is because, I think... I'm aiming to follow his advice exactly and getting it all wrapped around my neck. Nevertheless....I've had multiple phase moments, with heavy body vibrations, sounds, popping in my ears....all I've got to do it get the timing right. As I said earlier, I've got the rest of my life to get excellent at this. I know that every mistake I make takes me closer to my goal, and teaches me what not to do.
If I'm anything, I'm a persistant bugger. lol.

Eddison had made 1000 light bulbs that didn't work. When interviewed, he was asked" How does it feel to fail 1000 times?" He said: " I didn't fail. I now know a thousand ways not to make a lightbulb."

True or not, that's how I feel. I now know lots of ways to not leave the body, hundreds of ways of how to fall asleep whilst trying to leave the body, and multiple ways of getting a foul. He he.

Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Last night I really had a LOT of moments in what I recognise as the phase. I have two issues, however. I'm hoping that some of the readers might be able to offer me some advice.

1. I work through my cycles, get a really good vibration in my body and I go for the roll out. ........and I move for real. It isn't a false, shadow body move. I really do move. What suggestions do you have for me, please. It seem that I'm fine getting to the phase, I'm struggling to get out of my body. Any tips, tricks, guidelines peeps?

2. I frequently get visuals. However, until now, no matter how much I've tried, I lose them as soon as I become 'aware' of them. I know I'm not supposed to stare at them until they become panoramic. Do you have any tips on how to keep the visuals and augment them?

Any help or support would be most welcome and I thank you in advance.

Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 am

Maybe willing yourself to levitate?! Or imagine yourself somewhere a specific destination?! With the visuals I have the same problem. The other morning i got some images and they just disappeared. Only once has it worked for me.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Rudolph » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:12 am

visuals, shmizuals... I've had 'em for 30 years and what do I have to show for it?... zero, zip, nada....
(but some day I'm gonna figure out what they are good for... just you wait....)

I say go with the phantom wiggling.
Mind you. Its gotta be the phase body moving -- not the physical body. Start small. fingers first, then whole hand, then forearm. At that point start deepening by rubbing the phase hands together. THEN you can try the roll out.

Works every time...

;)
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Postby jarekf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:44 am

Gordon,

1. I had the same problem. I solved it this way: first I always try to deepen (increase) the vibrations to the point when I have a feeling like my body is floating (it should take short time to do this) and only then separate but do this gently. The most important is to get the feeling of the dream body (at least partially) and separate only after that, phantom movement can help a lot here.

2. I have the same. I was never able to use this technique (visualization) to enter the phase, images disappear whenever I try to observe them.
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:22 am

Cool, guys!!!!!!! Thanks a lot for your advice. I shall put it into practice this very eve. lol I'll keep you posted.

un abrazo,

Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Gordon Smith-Durán » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:29 pm

It's been ages since I've last posted. Life, has been very interesting and busy.
As for my OBE's....well...less interesting and not busy.

So what's been going on?

Well, I decided to have a good break from making attempts to get into phase because I'd been 'working' on it every night for a good few weeks with no success. Or should I say, with success, but not enough to get me out of my body.

And here lies my current dilemma.
Waking up without moving.........cracked!
Finding myself in full body vibration.....sorted!
Getting out of my body....rubbish!

It seems that I haven't yet worked out how to leave my body. I'm in what I perceive as phase, my body feels all twisted or I don't have sense of it and yet, when I go to move, I move my real body.
I thought I must have to imagine it more than really move it, yet that doesn't work.

The times in the past when I've entered into phase and left my body have seemed easy. Now I'm wallowing around in a dry spell and it's getting my goat.

I know that I'll get the missing link, the key and that once I have it, I'll be rocking and rolling. Until then....I'm going to keep giving it my all and reading Michael's book. It certainly helps to read about OBE's, I find.

Any suggestions based on your experience of dry spots will be very much appreciated.

Gordon Smith-Durán
PHASER
PHASER

Return to BLOGS OF PRACTITIONERS