Re: Doppelgaenger

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!

Doppelgaenger

Postby Passenger » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:53 am

Hello Ladys and Gents,
I am from germany looking for a competent forum to exchange obe experiences, which I am going through, since "traveling" for half a year now. Today in the morning (my usual traveltime) I had a quite interesting experience, which I would like to post here, in hope to get some similar experiences.
Most of my experiences, just after "leaving the body" are quite nebulous untill I left my "virtual" house (mostly through the window), then the visions becomes usually more concrete.
But this time it was different:
When left my body, I went straight through the room in the direction of the window, when I met somebody. After spending some concentration to get more sight, I realize "myself" (like in a nonexistant mirror) in front of me. I didn't hessitate much and walk right through myself and before I could reach the window the same thing happened once again. It was quite a strange trip. Just walking through myself. ???
Any suggestions?
Last edited by Passenger on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
8. The Khabs is in the Khu, not the Khu in the Khabs.
9. Worship then the Khabs, and behold my light shed over you!

-liber al vel legis, nuit
Passenger
PHASER
PHASER

Postby 12padams » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:40 am

Hi and welcome :)

When you say you saw "you" in front of yourself like there was a non-existent mirror do you mean you saw yourself exactly like a reflection? Did it copy everything you did or was it like another version of you doing what it wanted?

Also you say this happened infront of your window.... Possibly it was your reflection of yourself in the window???

I am new myself (joined 3 weeks ago) so I really just wanted to welcome you...

Most likely Luna or summerlander will reply and tell you what they think... Luna loves to read people's experiences and is a great encourager. Summerlander is great at analyzing things And writes long descriptive posts which are very helpful. Look out for these great people....

You may also get a reply from micheal himself(forum admin and guy who wrote the practical guidebook...) if he can't work out what your experience was then he will probably attempt to research it.

Welcome to one of the best obe/astral/lucid/phase forums around... you will love it here!
Last edited by 12padams on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: viewtopic.php?t=2
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Passenger » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm

Thx for welcome,  :)
yea, it would be nice to find a place for some chatting. I didn't find a serious forum yet.
As I told, it was like looking into a mirror, but it was too far before i reached the window to interpret it as a reflection.
The funky thing was, that it happens twice before I was in front of the window.
I had allready the pleassure to look into mirror while I was projecting. This was a bit different for there was no physical "barrier" or something only the two doppelgangers acting exactely like me: I walked into them and them into me. I usually don't look back while projections, so I could not tell, if they were still present, after walking through them...
I allways hurry to get away from my starting point. It seems that the perspective is increasing with more distance.

cheers
alX

Passenger
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:50 am

Hi and welcome, Passenger.

The mind is full of wonderful and funny things.  In the phase, space is not actual (although it appears to be).  Everything is mental - even your perceived self.

Expectations were probably running through your mind before you reached your doppelganger and that may explain the early 'running through versions of yourself' episode.  I've experienced a few illusions similar to this one in front of an actual mirror (pardon me - actual in the phase).

I'd also like to point out that our mind formulates schemas from our preconceptions, from what we are or have been focusing on, and the various associations it makes.  Freud also had the interesting notion of a preconscious mind whereby those unconscious thoughts that are not repressed become more readily available to the conscious mind.  In the phase, these thoughts could manifest in all manner of ways and baffle us.

We must also bear in mind that, in mental space, the laws of physics don't necessarily apply.  Barriers can be broken.  I'd recommend that you read the new School of Out-of-Body Travel by Michael Raduga.  Also, have a look around the website for deepening, maintaining and managing the phase state.  They will help you to gain more control, bring about hyperrealism, and prolong experiences.

Quoting Morpheus from The Matrix is probably getting tedious but here it is once again: free your mind.
Last edited by Summerlander on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 am

Hi Passenger, welcome!!

our mind formulates schemas from our preconceptions, from what we are or have been focusing on, and the various associations it makes.
I agree with this statement. I have never seen myself whilst out, probably because I really don't want to. So I never do. In my first experience I looked into the mirror and I had no reflection. I haven't written that in my blog here on OBE4U because when I wrote it I hadn't remembered it. I didn't remember it at all until about 3 days later. Also during another phase I saw through a blanket in the mirror that I was laying under but I didn't see me at all. So wether it's conscious or subconscious the mind will materialise in a normal or strange form in the phase. Does that make sense? Pretty much what Summerlander said but less articulate LOL!!

Have you seen yourself in the phase before?

Most likely Luna or summerlander will reply and tell you what they think... Luna loves to read people's experiences and is a great encourager
Thanks for the lovely compliment 12padams! :)
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Passenger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 am

Summerlander wrote:I'd recommend that you read the new School of Out-of-Body Travel by Michael Raduga.  Also, have a look around the website for deepening, maintaining and managing the phase state.  They will help you to gain more control, bring about hyperrealism, and prolong experiences.

Hi Summerlander,

thanx for your interpretation and your literat. recommends. I really apreciate that!
In feb I just started with projecting. I read Buhlmann to get into it and after first experiences I continued with Don De Garcia (which I liked most yet). At the moment I just read monroe (which is also very good). So as you can see, I only have started with the classics before I will come to more "accurate" Books  :)

cheers
alX

Passenger
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Passenger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am

Luna wrote:
Have you seen yourself in the phase before?

Hello Luna,
nice to read you...

yes indeed! I could see myself in mirrors on a regular basis. There is nothing "weired" about it at all.
I could not quite understand why there often is so much shakiness to be confronted with oneself. sometimes myself in the mirror is a bit "blurred", that's all!
Usually I am not walking through myselft. But in that case it happens quite "naturally".
I just thought that I have to get to that damn window in order to get rid of "something", if you know what I mean...That's what I find really strange and is the matter why I like to speak of "Projections". I never saw my physical body yet.
After the rotations my "astral" self seems to be really in a hurry to leave "crime scene" to get out of the window...
Somewhere on a more "esoteric" page I read that first you have to leave your physical body and afterward you aetheric to get your astral shape. That seems to make sense in a way, allthough I still have problems to see it like you really "travel" with your mind in any other way but inside yourself.

cheers
alX

Passenger
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Luna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm

I could not quite understand why there often is so much shakiness to be confronted with oneself. sometimes myself in the mirror is a bit "blurred", that's all!
maybe that has to do with deepening? or maintaining? Anchoring yourself in the phase.

Ok so with this post are you trying to "figure out" why you saw the 'reflections' or are you just sharing? It's a pretty cool experience either way. The way I see it, it's much easier to just open yourself to the experience rather than try to figure out why you perceived yourself that way and why it happened.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

@ Passenger:

Monroe?  Cool!  I started with Monroe.  His books are a great read!

@ 12padams:

Gulp!  I forgot to thank you for the compliment.  Thanks, buddy!  ;D
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Passenger » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 am

Luna wrote:Ok so with this post are you trying to "figure out" why you saw the 'reflections' or are you just sharing? The way I see it, it's much easier to just open yourself to the experience rather than try to figure out why you perceived yourself that way and why it happened.

absolutely! It was only an actual experience, which concerned me and so I posted it, also in order to chat a bit and get in touch with the people around here.
But you are right! I doesn't make sense to focus too much on interpretations, but to note it somewhere and keep waiting if there is a meaning at all. There are so much psychedelique things going on every time I projecting...but thanx for your comments. I just saw that you are blogging your sessions here. I will look at this...
Thx so far!  ;D

Passenger
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Passenger » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 am

Summerlander wrote:Monroe?  Cool!  I started with Monroe.  His books are a great read!

yes! it's exciting and his approaches are very good to get started with the whole thing. Buhlmann is adding a bit to much personal "scientific" Views to it, allthough his experiences and hints are nice to read.

cheers
alX

Passenger
PHASER
PHASER

Return to BLOGS OF PRACTITIONERS