Needing to pee...

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here

Needing to pee...

Postby phaseme » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:12 am

Ok so I have still yet to enter the phase because of two issues, one of them is more important... I also have a question.

I always need to take a piss when i wake up (lol). Basically, i gain consciousness and using the eye cover i realise im awake so i stay still BUT i need to take a piss so i have no choice but to go toilet! this ruins my chance to cycle techniques. I come back to bed and sleep, and usually same thing again when i wake up (its pretty hot where i am) and i get annoyed and just dont bother any more (go to sleep with no intention of phase).

secondly i have a question. Is it better to be in a certain position when waking? for example, is it better to be lying flat on my back? because i usually like to sleep on my side or curled up. BAsically, can i enter phase OBE easier by sleeping in a certain position?

help would be appreciated!
phaseme

Re: Needing to pee...

Postby Summerlander » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Don't get frustrated when you wake up. Use the loo and go back to bed, get into a comfortable position of your choice, and try to enter the phase. If you adopt your usual sleeping position and that doesn't work, because, well, you end up falling asleep and catch no interim awakenings, try a different position but one that is still comfortable enough for you to relax.

You may want to relax your body and keep your mind alert until eventually you experience a shift into the phase state. Alternatively, you may fall asleep with the intention to catch an awakening that you can use to separate immediately or execute cycles of techniques if the initial opportunity fails. Remember, the first thing you try upon awakening is an immediate separation. Just do it without having any doubts. Cycling through techniques is just a 'plan B' if 'plan A' doesn't work.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby phaseme » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:29 am

Summerlander wrote:Don't get frustrated when you wake up. Use the loo and go back to bed, get into a comfortable position of your choice, and try to enter the phase. If you adopt your usual sleeping position and that doesn't work, because, well, you end up falling asleep and catch no interim awakenings, try a different position but one that is still comfortable enough for you to relax.

You may want to relax your body and keep your mind alert until eventually you experience a shift into the phase state. Alternatively, you may fall asleep with the intention to catch an awakening that you can use to separate immediately or execute cycles of techniques if the initial opportunity fails. Remember, the first thing you try upon awakening is an immediate separation. Just do it without having any doubts. Cycling through techniques is just a 'plan B' if 'plan A' doesn't work.

Thank you summerlander, you guys have been real great and helpful on the forum. I hope to phase soon and enter it for the first time. As soon as I do i will post my story :)
phaseme

Postby Summerlander » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Cool, good luck. You may use the deferred method if you like. Sleep for 5-6 hours, get up, revise The Phase guidebook in the space of half hour if you like, and then return to bed with the intention to enter the phase. Let us know what happens when it happens!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Return to Questions for Experienced Phase Practitioners