Re: Awake All Night Experiment - Official Method and Results

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods

Awake All Night Experiment - Official Method and Results

Postby 12padams » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 am

Introduction: Awake all night is an experiment/method which I have "created myself". Technically I am not the sole creator of this method since it is very similar to Micheal Raduga's "Direct Technique" and is inspired by Nicholas Newport's Lucidology course on sleep paralysis. Its best described as a simple "WILD" (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) Technique.

The Method: Go to bed at your regular time, lie in a position which avoids strain on any muscles (have mouth slightly open) and stay awake without moving for the whole night....
Its simple to teach yet not so simple to do....

The Problem: You will be plagued with urges to scratch, swallow and move. When I say "stay still" I mean keep every part of your body still (including your eyes).

The Result: First you will get memory impressions (Fragments of visual or audio data). Then you will get the windy/rushing noises which at first come and go then remain solid and increase in volume. Finally once the windy noise reaches its peak and stops simply use a separation technique such as rolling out and you will be in the phase ready to completle your plan of action.

My personal Results: So far I have done this experiment a few times and I have had always had some interesting results (not phase experiences but something out of the ordinary). Impatience and fear are the biggest obstacles when using this method and are both reasons why I have not entered the phase using this technique. When I kept my mouth relaxed and open during the second experiment I slipped into an altered state double as fast. Keep in mind that any strain (open mouth or swallowing) tells your body to stay awake... You want it to fall asleep while keeping your mind awake. I do swallow occasionally but I try to keep my mind off swallowing since it does hinder the progress of this technique.

Experiment 1 - 23rd December 2011 (Length: About 1 hour): After lying down for a while the general body numbness and heaviness started to set in. Eventually I experienced a possible shift in awareness. I heard a weird popping noise and suddenly my nose was no longer blocked allowing me to breathe perfectly. My body also felt somewhat different but I am unable to remember the exact sensation. Instantly I thought that I had entered the phase yet I didn’t want to get up in case I broke my trance. Cautiously I opened my eyes and glanced at my clock though slit eyelids. My vision was out of focus causing the red numbers on my alarm clock to move around in circles. Since I saw two versions of my alarm clock in front of me swirling in and away from each other I believe my eyes where rolling around out of sync.
-Read the complete experiment results here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4495#p4495

Experiment 2 -17th January 2012 (Length: 35 minutes): Without warning I suddenly heard a loud windy sucking sound blast into my ears which instantly caused me to freak out and sit up terrified in bed. My sudden movement felt disconnected causing a nauseous feeling in my head and a tingling feeling in my numb body. My surroundings appeared ghostly and were swirling around out of focus. Around my room I saw shadows swiftly moving around which triggered a sudden desire to perform a reality check.
-Read the complete experiment results here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4751#p4751

Experiment 3 - 24th January 2012: Suddenly I regained consciousness during an involuntary rollover onto my back. “Dang it, I movedâ€
Last edited by 12padams on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: viewtopic.php?t=2
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bluremi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Your attempt with alarms sounds interesting. I've actually done a similar experiment that lasted for 72 hours rather than just one night. It's not good for you to deprive yourself of deep sleep. I'm not a neuroscientist but I have read in several sources that deep sleep deprivation will damage brain cells.

My own experiment consisted of taking 20 minute naps, once every hour. If you do the math that adds up to 6 hours of sleep per 24 hours. I would lie down with a loud, vibrating cell phone alarm lying on my chest, and try to fall asleep as soon as possible.

For the first 24 hours I would just zonk out and sleep lightly for 20 minutes, but then as I grew more sleep deprived I would start seeing hypnogogic images as soon as my eyes closed. By the end of day two I was experiencing mild hallucinations: hearing sounds on the edge of hearnig, watching patterned surfaces shift as I looked at them. When I lay down to nap on day three I would immediately start dreaming random scenes for a few minutes, then fall asleep and wake up 20 minutes later.

I was not into meditation at that point and did not have the mental discipline I have now, or I would have observed the images and retained awareness to enter into a lucid dream. I would like to do this experiment again some time but it requires an entire weekend, is not  an entirely pleasant experience, and is probably not good for your mental health. When i did it originally I only did so because I had to study 24 hours a day to pass a series of final exams in college.
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Postby 12padams » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 pm

My alarm attempt turned out terrible... It's only good for people who can fall asleep easily (i can't)...

For some reason when an alarm is on or something is set to disturb me in the future I actually can't go to sleep. Instead I lay there unable to sleep and suffered insomnia until the alarm was off...

I have when little had insomnia and the worse was when I had absolutely no sleep for 3 days straight... Interestingly enough I didn't get more tired I become more awake and my body seemed to adapt to not needing sleep. I never hallucinated and nothing apart from extremely saw eyes (when closed) effected me.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: viewtopic.php?t=2
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Entering the Phase (Out-of-Body Experience and Lucid Dreaming)