Re: Dream Lag

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods

Dream Lag

Postby TheOnerous » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:12 am

This is a very interesting chunk of information from a post ( http://www.luciddaydreaming.com/ ) about lucid daydreaming by Tim Post (Who runs Lucidipedia.com)

Research suggests that it takes 7 to 9 days for daytime events to be incorporated in a night's dreams. Have you experienced this?

Fascinating research by Nielsen et al. (2004) concerning the dream-lag effect and day-residue effect, describes what and in what time frame particular daytime experiences are reflected in tonight's dreams. For example, if I would go fishing today, would I dream about fishing tonight? Nielsen's team found that there actually exists a 7 to 9 day "dream-lag" by which particular daytime experiences or incorporated into tonight's dreams. So in case of the fishing example, I would probably dream about fishing in about 7 to 9 days. Or the other way around; tonight I will dream about experiences I had about 7 or 9 days ago. Intriguing. No one know yet why this lag is necessary for the dreaming brain to process/consolidate daytime experiences in memory.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Postby TheOnerous » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 am

A week ago I started paying more attention to anchors/dreamsigns and last night those anchors saturated my dreams to a very surprising extent. Will continue to experiment.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:34 am

The range of the "dream lag" could vary depending on the individual, lifestyle and even memory.  But it is interesting.  I have noticed something like this before - particularly when I was focusing on the dream consciousness method of entering the phase.  At that time I was recording every dream on a daily basis.

Although, I once hoovered my house (and hated it) and that same night I dreamt that I was hoovering but having fun while doing it.  So perhaps it isn't as black and white as they might think.  The people in the study might have been exposed to the same conditions and ideas.  Perhaps they also paid more attention to certain events than others.  How much of their dreams did they also remember?  could it be a case of paying more attention to certain experiences than others?  How common is it that the dream lag lasts for 7 to 9 days?
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby TheOnerous » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:55 am

Yes, I agree with all of that. When I have tried to incubate dreams in the past, content from the incubation has included itself in that night's dreams.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Postby orlin1 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:05 pm

From my experinece dream lag is only 0-2 daye but its posible it have more phases . About 48 hours is max time to hold imformation in short term memory hypocampal buffer.
orlin1

Return to Entering the Phase (Out-of-Body Experience and Lucid Dreaming)