Re: Forced Falling Asleep

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods

Forced Falling Asleep

Postby vithiely » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Hello Michael,

First of all, as it's my first post, thank you for your books.

As I am not a native english speaker, there is one point that is not very clear for me : "Forced Falling Asleep" technique. You write "Picture a swift, compulsory fall into sleep for 5 to 10 seconds, and then return to wakefulness, followed by an aggressive attempt at separating from the physical body."

The first point is concernaning the translation : I don't understant "Picture a swift, compulsory fall into sleep ...".  What do you mean ? Have you got an example please ?

The second point is technical : how can you fall asleep AND remember to wake you up (and do it) ?

Thank you,

V.
vithiely

Postby Michael Raduga » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 pm

1 - you should not fall asleep! It is fake attempt to fall asleep. It lasts a few seconds

2- another discription:

It is one of the best techniques. Many professional practitioners use only this technique but it may be difficult in understanding for beginners. In essence, it is a trick of the mind. You should picture a swift fall into sleep, followed by return to wakefulness. You should make this fake fall into sleep as natural as possible and as deep as possible. Only in this case you can change your physiology state upon returning to wakefulness. After having performed forced falling asleep, either separation or other techniques will work much better. If you will simultaneously use the forced falling asleep technique with all other techniques it will help them to be effective. Especially it is very important for the indirect technique.

Any other questions about FFA?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby vithiely » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks you Michael for your response,

Now, I understand the words but the concept is hard to figure out. I will practise and maybe by praticing, I will fully understand the trick ;-)

V.
vithiely

Postby SamaS » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 pm

When I did it yesterday morning I felt my consciousness change suddenly for a split second and I could feel my brain change.  Then I went back to normal and then it happened again.  Very odd sensation.
SamaS

Postby LawPaw » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 am

Same here.  Forced falling asleep is the strangest of all feelings for me.  Often the change is so startling it wakes me too much.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Postby wiii » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm

It is indeed a strange sensation,when i tryed FFA i felt my awareness blackout into sleep,like one enters directly from full awareness from real life into a dream and it's the strangest feeling ever!When i tryed this,i felt like i fell asleep and in less than a second realize that i was inside my mind and that's when it becam startled,and then suddenly get back i full awareness to real life,and this happened more times in one night!As i figured this could be FFA i tried this few nights in a row to get used with the feeling,and it helped alot,after multiple attempts in few nights,i was able to stay that way almost 3 seconds,then came back!So i was thinking to practice like, to get use with the feeling,and then try more!
I think the phase entrance depends the most on the desire to enter,and the patience to practice!Once you got one,try to remember the feeling that you had there in order to achieve another one!As Michael says in his last video the ultimate technique is to try to get the phase just by thinking to the feeling wich you had when entered last time,and techniques mean almost nothing,cause eventually alll indirect techniques lead to a feeling that you must have,in your head,that is real by all perceptions!!
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Michael Raduga » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

wiii wrote:I think the phase entrance depends the most on the desire to enter,and the patience to practice!Once you got one,try to remember the feeling that you had there in order to achieve another one!

It's very truth
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wiii » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:07 am

Phil wrote:We're weird beeings.. and all so different :-)

We are indeed weird,but i think is possible for us being so weird because we are manipulated in some sort of way,our thinking is limited by media,religions and all sort of weird sects,our subcounscious is observing and recieveng informations without us being aware of this ;) That may be also the reason why most of the human kind thinks with only 10% of their brain! In my opinion if there is a human being on this earth who does uses at least 90% of his capacity of the brain,that one could to what we consider miracles!So this made me wonder,that indeed we are weird,different but yet the same,somehow it must be possible for us to unlock all the brain functionality in order to use it at full capacity!The phase could be the KEY to this door!
We get distracted by other things we consider important(money for example) instead of us worying about our true nature and our true capabilities!With practice and desire,we can arrange our thaughts and think to exactly what we want:D
And this could bring order in one's life,peace,harmony,love,well being,everything:)

wiii
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Papus » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:01 pm

When I perform forced falling asleep, I get multiple false awakening or I enter the phase (see my latest entry on blog)

the way I do it which I learned by accident is to start an internal discusssion. I tell myself to go back to sleep baecause there is not much hours left before getting up, and within seconds I feel a vibration and fall asleep, and inevitably for me anyway, I enter the phase or multiple false awakening will occur. Originally I did not know that false awakening were part of the phase, and now that I know I can use those as a jump start to a full phase, although the last one -see my blog- I was fooled in believing that I was actually awake.
Last edited by Papus on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Je pense donc je suis.
Papus
PHASER
PHASER

Postby CKing71 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm reading more post that talk about false awakenings, I constantly flicker from in here to in there. Always keeping a foot fixed here. However, when in there, I place more of my minds-idea-self, in the experience that seems more gestalt-awareness.

Its difficult to describe in "here" terms.

Be Well 
Be Well Everyone (King, C. 2013)
CKing71
PHASER
PHASER

Return to Entering the Phase (Out-of-Body Experience and Lucid Dreaming)