Re: Nicholas Newport and lucidology.com?

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods

Nicholas Newport and lucidology.com?

Postby 12padams » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:58 pm

A guy called nicholoes Newport runs http://www.lucidology.com/ he has techniques for entering the phase which differ to micheals...

The goal with his method is to first enter sleep paralysis ( he has methods for inducing this state) and then enter the phase... He doesn't have methods for deepening and maintaining the phase however as his only focus is entering the phase...

I believe I may benefit from using his sleep paralysis inducing methods followed by Micheals methods of separating and managing the phase....

I just want to ask here first before using his techniques incase there is something I should know...

Has anyone else had any experience or success with his techniques?
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: viewtopic.php?t=2
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Montana » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 pm

I remember reading, or rather, viewing his work over on youtube a couple years back.

It all seemed entirely legit ... I was too busy at the time to make use of it.

While the content that is free seems solid and usable, it is hard to escape the feeling that he is some sort of salesman.. the way he is looking at the camera and making a pitch ... I remember wondering if this guy didn't watch a lot of sales-TV like shopping channel or some such growing up.... he does it so well it is as though he speaks a  language like a native.

But he has some good ideas as too technique, as I recall, and ones that I have heard referred to no where else.

-Montana
Montana

Postby Summerlander » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:56 am

I heard about this guy ages ago.  He has the right idea about "mind awake, body asleep" but if you are thinking about not bothering with deepening you may be cutting your phase experiences short.  Also, it wasn't long until we found out that he was also selling content about "astral plane" buffer zones and "oversoul records" - a load of belief-centric balderdash that you don't need really! ;D
Last edited by Summerlander on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Phase = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-Body Experience / Astral Projection
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby robvann » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:26 am

I just took a look.  It's easy to spot the "sales pitch" template used by many click-bank purveyors!  This tends to be a turn off for me, but when I looked closer at his materials, it does look like his "free" materials are relivant.  Looks like $35 for the 102 course after the free 101 course.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Postby JunL » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:46 am

I also have read lucidology 101.
In my personal, Only mechods that works for me is the methods in OBE4U.com(here).

But it is clear that imformations in lucidology 101 helped me to know about LD, WILD, OBE deeper than before so that I can approach 'phase' closer.
JunL

Postby BK » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:53 am

I typed in my email address and ended up on the Neport Spam list...
After receiving two final notices and a 33% discount on 102, I deleted myself from his list.  He gives and respects that option...so I guess it.s ethical...
So...chances are that if you wait long enough...you can get a discount!

If anyone finds anything useful...Ie.  tried and tested...let me know...that is ...if he doesn.t swear you to secrecy...copyright restrictions... patents..etc
Often he says...never seen elsewhere...

Michael Raduga is a breath of fresh air...I don.t know if you have read SOBT to the end...but there is no copyright...
and he explains why.

In Buddhism many sites and books are free...but rarely public domain.
I.ve only seen that twice in my life elsewhere...
The Most Venerable Pa Ak Sayadaw
and Buddhadust
BK
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Montana » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Here's free theosophical stuff online ... some intersting phase-related ideas to be found there:

http://www.anandgholap.net/

Here's a site to free online reading, most or all of it being really old books .... never know what you will find, but the older stuff typically can turn up gems you never new existed.  (This is a general library site... the books are not necessarily 'phase' related.  ... and in case you are unaware, quite a bit of the olden day stuff would get repressed these days. ):

http://openlibrary.org/
Montana

Postby Cleareye » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 am

I went through the Lucidology 102 course.  His main sales pitch is his claim that you'll be able to do 100 OBE's in 100 days, using a variation of the deferred method.  You have to use a timer that beeps and keeps waking you up.  That's the key. 

He has other methods, like visualization techniques, consciousness mapping, etc., that are supposed to facilitate lucid dreaming and his version of the direct entry method.

It was too much trouble for me, so I didn't practice much of it.  It's very much a commercial enterprise, though, as I think he's working on Lucidology 103 now.
Cleareye
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Did he ever mention protecting yourself from negative entities in the astral plane like Robert Bruce and his self-defence course? ;D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Cleareye » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Not that I recall.  He mainly focused on techniques.  He has an online forum where he answers questions, though. I'm sure there's much more on there.
Cleareye
PHASER
PHASER

Postby Summerlander » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Must have been a rumour. 

But he seems to hold some belief-centric concepts in his site.  That kind of puts me off.  Why tell people what they are experiencing when experiences can be interpreted in so many ways?

Anyway...the deferred method works.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Postby LawPaw » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:02 am

I've read his stuff. It's alot like Raduga's only about 100x more difficult.

The beauty of the SOBT techniques is that it focuses on practical methods that achieve optimal results and not in over-thinking a needlessly complicated system.

If you want to learn a little bit more about how sleep paralysis and the mechanics of OBE's work then their are a number of better sources.

If you want to get results just look here.  This is the only system that has taken a broad look at what has worked for hundreds of people in multiple workshops.  Newports system is just what he has found worked for him, and while I believe it could work for a lot of people, it is needlessly difficult.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Return to Entering the Phase (Out-of-Body Experience and Lucid Dreaming)