Phase time per day

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel
phasemancer

Phase time per day

Post by phasemancer »

How much phase time is it possible to get in a day? With indirect techniques? With direct techniques?
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Phase time per day

Post by 12padams »

Such a question does not seem possible to answer... But I'll try to answer it :)

If you get 8 hours of sleep per night you will spend about 2 hours of this in rem (high chance of dreaming however you can dream less vividly out of rem). Being lucid for an entire 2 hours per day however would be very exhausting and I don't think anyone would be able to keep it up. Remember that time is slower within dreams however so that 2 hours may actually feel like 10.

But then again... What if you bend the rules. I've always wanted to try staying in the phase for as long as possible and prevent myself from ever waking. Just holding onto the phase, with "The somebody" (a phase person I met) and working with them to keep me in the phase through constant deepening. I wonder if you could stay asleep for 10 hours within the phase through constant deepening... Wanna try it? Make it your next plan of action :)

If I had access to a sleep laboratory... The experiments would never stop!
Last edited by 12padams on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

I think you wouldn't get the required rest and maintaining of the brain without enough non-lucid REM sleep in any case. I think this is part of the reason why it's easier to enter the phase after sleeping for, say, six hours, since you already have much of your needed REM rest so you'll be more alert and your brain won't resist lucidity as much.

Would be nice to have an isolation tank. I think it might be useful for maintaining the phase since you would not feel your physical body.

Anyone here been able to get a much phase time after sleeping for 8 hours?
HannahPres

Post by HannahPres »

I think you wouldn't get the required rest and maintaining of the brain without enough non-lucid REM sleep in any case.
Amazing deal for buy dvd player is availabel any time you need!