Re: "Dream Characters" and Conflict

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

"Dream Characters" and Conflict

Post by Jeff »

I understand there is debate as to whether 'DC's possess sentience or not-many encounters in the phase strongly support that some do.

In either case,I'm curious about Michael's, and others ,thoughts as to why 'DC's are ocassionally (non)physically confrontational?
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

'DC's?
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

'DC' = Dream Character.  The people that are encountered in the phase. Why do some of them want to fight sometimes? As I understand this is not uncommon.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Only some people have this problem. Not the major part.

The phase is a great way to psychological analysis. On one seminar I can see up to 40 phases of novice practitioners and I always see correlations between people and their phases.

Look inside yourself for the answer. There're answers for all processes in the phase that you do not control.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

The police have actually shown up in a few of my experiences..LOL!

Once I OBEd from a body that was apparently asleep on the floor of a strange house. I walked out of the front door and a police car screeched up to the driveway.A cop got out with mirror Raybans on and everything. He pointed at me and commanded "get in the back!"

I had a knee jerk reaction ( I don't care for authoritarians in waking life) and I pointed to my crotch and said "suck it!" He pulled out his gun and fired but I just took it like superman or something.Then I taunted him a bit as I hovered down the street.

Someone two houses down was in his front yard telling the police that I damaged his tree!? I was amazed.I thought "what the hell? I didn't do this.What brought all this about?" I fouled shortly after thinking too much about it.

Maybe there is some psychological angle to this but it still amazes me as to how such an experience is staged...??? The most recent police episode occured in my phase backyard. I went along with them this time to see what would happen and they were not hostile at all.It seems the phase can reflect back at you what ever attitude you put forward.Events can snowball there....
Last edited by Jeff on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

The police have actually shown up in a few of my experiences..LOL!
Perhaps you are "policing" yourself.  Perhaps it is a reflection of your personal ethos.  You are quite intellectual (judging from your posts) and perhaps your are trying to cut down on what you may subconsciously deem as glib expressions.  The dream police may represent your ethical issues. 

You could be trying to acquire more self-control and this may or may not relate to a possibility of feeling apprehensive about something.  I don't know.  What do you think?  I've certainly seen the effectiveness of dream psychology in action...Personal evidence points in the direction of it not being hooey.

It's your dream and you know your life and your personal traits.  Take a look at yourself.  You decide... ;D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Yes,ethos,that makes sense.I am open to some type of explanation like this.This could be a reflection of some aspect of my deep psyche related to some issue or another...I'll have to think on it.

And there does seem to be characters that are undoubtedly 'thought forms' to use the occult terminology.

None the less,it is still fascinating as to what it is that animates these folks.Somewhere,somehow there is a decision making process beyond the dream ego.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

;D The other night a dream character in my Lucid Dream whipped out a revolver and shot me in the chest...LO f'n L! I knew I would be fine,so afterwards we all got into a huge kung fu movie like brawl!
;D ;D ;D

Yeah,who knows what this means if anything;but it sure does amaze the hell out of me....
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Be careful, your personas are like the mafia.  They are trying to whack you! ;D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
desertrose3

Post by desertrose3 »

Lol, that's very interesting! ;D I guess it does have a lot to with our natural psyche! Very fascinating indeed!
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Michael, what you said about similar experiences relating to similar people is very interesting to me.

I'm sure when phasing becomes more mainstream people will be able to collect data on similar experiences and show correlations with certain behavior/personality traits.  Like all things I doubt the correlations will be perfect, but it is very interesting as a form of psychological analysis. 

I wonder what it says about me that at first my phase experiences are often so full of random DC's, but they almost always are completely passive and generally ignore my existence. 
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

wonder what it says about me that at first my phase experiences are often so full of random DC's, but they almost always are completely passive and generally ignore my existence. 
Its exactly the same for me most of the time... Even when I drove a car along the beach they (hundreds of random people who I have never seen before) didn't notice until I got out and started communicating with them. People in the phase seem lazy when left alone and aggressive once you tell them your dreaming or you act as if you know your conscious of dreaming. If you generally chat with them they act pretty normal but Its always difficult to remember what they had said upon awakening.
Last edited by 12padams on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

If you generally chat with them that act pretty normal but Its always difficult to remember what they had said upon awakening.
Not always.  You can remedy this by maintaining the phase in full depth.  In the new SOBT you will find effective techniques that will improve contact with people in the phase.  They don't always get aggressive when you tell them they are nothing but a dream.  A lot of this behaviour is a reflection of what you would expect or your imagination getting the better of you.

Carl Jung regarded the phase content as "active imagination" for a reason.  I've also been able to completely change the appearance of animate phase objects just by willing it.